cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know if HSBC charges a fee for closing an account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know if HSBC charges a fee for closing an account?

As the message subject ask, does anyone know if they charge a fee for closing, if so what is it? The fee would probably be worth it to kick them to the curb. They served their purpose but are unwilling to grow with me so it's time to go! Smiley Happy I don't get a paper bill from them & I'm worried that I might end up having a fee posted to me that I never get & inadvertently not paying it thus hurting me.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone know if HSBC charges a fee for closing an account?

no that i know of? it would i guess depend on your term and conditions of your card, if you dont have them any longer i would just call them and ask someone.
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

If it is a standard credit card then there should not be any fee for closing the card. Check with CCC CSR.
Message 3 of 7
heirophant
Established Contributor

They didn't charge me a fee to close my Orchard.  In fact, they refunded my AF...kinda cool!
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all, that's good to know. As soon as my last payment post & the balance shows ZERO I will cancel the account. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cancelled two HBSC cards several months ago...No charge...
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed both of my HSBC cards- they pro-rated a refund of my AF on both cards-
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.