cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know more about this jump for me?

tag
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone know more about this jump for me?

@Legions36 wrote:

Im to cheep to buy a fico right now but my credit karma score just jumped 72 points cause i paid off 3 of my cards and now the last card will show only a small balance and report in the next few days, which probably will be another some points. My score went from 566 in sept and today its 638, anyone know how close this is to my fico? I really dont feel like spending $20 right now. Almost done with the building and fixing process, probably about the 6month mark right now. I have 4 cc's, a few auth users, 2 derogs gonna fall off sometime in 3013, currently 6th month of student loan deferment, so im just about at the big turning point for me-just not sure how close yet. I just started relationships with NFCU and USAA banks with just accounts, since my brother is in the airforce. That about sums up my cc life and im wondering with this jump is there anything i can do at the moment? Im to scared to apply for stuff without any help from u guys, i want to time it just right and am pretty anxious at my results cause ive worked real hard so far to even get to this point all thanks to everyone here that has helped me out just about 6months ago when i started.

Personally I find CreditSesame's FAKO to be closer to a real FICO than CreditKarma. They use Experian's National Equivalency score, but they only let you update once per month. This might be an option worth considering if you can't subscribe to myFICO.

Message 11 of 15
HiLine
Blogger

Are the Walmart and DCU scores evaluated by many lenders? I'm a bit lost in all that scoring models matrix.

Message 12 of 15
distantarray
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Are the Walmart and DCU scores evaluated by many lenders? I'm a bit lost in all that scoring models matrix.

walmart is TU08 used by GECRB it's a very forgiving scoring model so most lenders won't use it, for instance collections under $100 won't affect your score (due to hollywood video class action $5 late charges kept people from getting homes) and small isolated lates like a 30 day doesn't affect you as much, and a 850 is possible through Fico08 where Fico04 it is impossible. no one has reported higher than a 819 on the Fico 04 scale

DCU is Fico04 the one that most lenders pull and definately for mortgages so this is the one you want.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 13 of 15
Legions36
Frequent Contributor

All of this talk and i didn't even know what u guys think about new credit for me from this jump? Also just jump 2 more points today because my last card just reported that i paid down.

EQ-784 TU-777 EXP-772 12/11/15

NFCU(11.5k), USAA(6k), DCU(10k), Sapphire(5k), Duck(5k), Freedom(1k), Quicksilver(3k), DiscoverIT(2k), AmexBCE($800),
New cards 12/12-NFCU-MC(18.5k), Simplicity(9.2k),Slate(7.5k),Amex(3.8k)
Message 14 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Since you are now a member of USAA and NFCU, you might want to think about applying with them.  I believe you may be able to get a CC with them, I've seen lower scores have success.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.