cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know the score needed for Amex Green?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone know the score needed for Amex Green?

ouch !!!!!!!!!!

32 INQ's
Did you miss any banks? I am just kidding-
32 INQ's might be enough to hit them all though-  

FretlessMayhem wrote:
32 on EX, before I knew that inquiries actually mattered.

Message 11 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Well, 7 of them are from hoping every little improvement in my score would help me get in with Amex. When I started the repair process, my stated goal was to be approved for an Amex card. They gave me Delta with 31 inquiries, with a 9k limit, which is awesome. I would think it would be easy to get the Green card.

Will Amex be more willing to approve after I show a couple months of responsible account history (charging and PIF'ing for a while)?
Here we go again...
Message 12 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi fretless, if you have Amex card with 9k CL, why would you need another Amex card right away? How much do you spend on the card and how much do you pay every month? Are you exceeding or coming closer to the limits that you would need to spread the balance to second card?

I know it is kind of hard to hear no from Amex, but what it the reason you want another card? I am curious what is the reason for people to want to several Amex Cards.

I got Platinum, and I have been wishing, I would get a Blue or BizJetBlue card. Quite honestly, I get upset when Amex says no. But If I ask my self what is the big deal, I can not answer my own question why I want another card right now.

I am sure if we wait 3-6 months and prove resposiblity I am sure they will give another card to us. I just feel I am torturing my self trying to get another card.
Message 13 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I realized that I can revolve my small PIF's on a Green card with no hit on my FICO score. I am planning on refinancing in the foreseeable future and want all the points possible. I used to hate on the charge cards, but now I realize the genius of it.

And yes, it sucks to hear no from Amex after finally hearing yes for the first time.
Here we go again...
Message 14 of 15
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@Geordi wrote:
IMHO, AMEX is way too volatile to deal with at the moment. I know a lot of people would like to carry the card just because ............ myself included.

However, I wouldn't take an Amex card if I were Tiger Woods right now. It is just too, too, too many people that are getting the card, then later two weeks or six months being subjected to FR, AR, CLD, account closures and who knows what else.

In my opinion a simple no you can't have my card is preferable to one of AMEX's hands saying, "Here take my card!" and later the other AMEX hand says, "Did my other hand give you a card? Stand on one foot; stand on your head; spin like a top; no, wait, you didn't spin long enough so give me my card back!"

I instead got a couple of $5K CLs on from a CU. I will use the cards with respect and expect the credit card issuer to do the same in return.

Like I said earlier, just my humble opinion but YMMV Smiley Happy

I would never carry a card that does financial reviews and put up with all that crap. Their card can't buy anything my cash can't buy!! I just don't get the obsession with AMEX!!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.