Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know when they report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know when they report?

Hello All, Im new here and had a quick question.

Does anyone know when Capital One reports to the credit bureaus?
I have a CC from them and was wondering like what part of the month or billing cycle or when?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone know when they report?

james_rider wrote:

I have a CC from them and was wondering like what part of the month or billing cycle or when?

My C1 card generally reports EOM but they report the amount of the previous statement.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

my 2 and DW's 3 Capone's report Statement balance a few days after statement is cut.
EX is the next day EQ and TU a few days later.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so if I use my card alot during the month, how do I know when to pay it off before it reports that I have a high util?
I called Capital One this morning and talked to 2 different people, the first one told me that they only report to credit report if you are more than 1 month late. the second guy told me that they report every 3 months. I know they report every month and I want to make sure my util is low right before they do report.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay the "balance" down (not just the previous month statement balance) before they cut your statement and you will be fine.

This is pretty easy with online access.

I auto pay min when the statement cuts and pay the UTL down to the number I want them to report before the next statement cuts.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

james, simply call the Cap1 backdoor number, and ask them when your account activity is posted with the CRA's. For me it's only 2 or 3 days after statement date, which is around the 23rd-26th.

A great way to follow your account activity with ANY cc you hold is to register online with the ccc. Or call on a daily basis. That way you can time the "interim" payments to them, which will show up on what they report as favourable balances(utilizations).

For me, I check my account activity on every one of my cc's every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to Capital One again, and they told me that they report every 30 days. I tried to get an exact date but he just told me after the statement.
I have online access to the account, would it be they report on or after the date when payment is due? or would it be before that?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

"james, simply call the Cap1 backdoor number, and ask them when your account activity is posted with the CRA's. For me it's only 2 or 3 days after statement date, which is around the 23rd-26th."

That's what the CSR told me.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.