cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone noticed Plastiq coding as Utilities?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone noticed Plastiq coding as Utilities?

My rent is due the first of the month. When should I submit a transaction through Plastiq in order for the payment to reach my landlord by the 1st? Don’t want to screw around with potentially being late.
Message 11 of 19
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

Yup they have one that has very wide categories. FNBO recently changed their online system. I can't pull up the CCs they offer anymore, even though I have three of them. 😂
If you're not in the service area. The site will block you from viewing them.
However I can pull up the CC by going to the banks that FNBO supplies this card to.

https://www.scsbnet.com/site/small-business/lending/credit-cards/visa/

https://www.tcfbank.com/small-business/credit-cards/business-edition-visa-card-category-rewards

https://www.washingtoncountybank.com/small-business/credit-cards/

The CC is called the Business edition with category rewards.

LOL--Turns out this is the card I already have and it's been earning pts the whole 3 years and 3 mos and I didn't even realize it. I've been putting most of my eBay shipping on this card the whole time. Only thing is the points start expiring after 3 years....so I just ordered a $50 Red Loster GC with some of the 63xx pts. I already had. Smiley Very Happy

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 12 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous
At least 10 days before hand. Since you're using a credit card. You can submit it now. Remember you won't actually have to pay it till the bill is due.
That's why I scheduled mine so early. The mortgage company will receive mine on the 19th of the month for the next couple of months.
Message 13 of 19
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Plastiq is now coding mortgage payments as utilities? Interesting. I use my PayPal MC Debit that doesn't show you category coding for charges, and my PP Cashback MC just shows "PayPal backup funding". Oh well, I don't have anything better than 2% for utilities and the PP Debit/MC combo gives me 3%, covering Plastiq's fee with a bit extra. But the last time I used my Cap One QS, well over a year ago, I'm pretty sure it showed up as hotel/travel, but my QS is a Visa which doesn't work for mortgage any longer.

Message 14 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Plastiq is now coding mortgage payments as utilities? Interesting. I use my PayPal MC Debit that doesn't show you category coding for charges, and my PP Cashback MC just shows "PayPal backup funding". Oh well, I don't have anything better than 2% for utilities and the PP Debit/MC combo gives me 3%, covering Plastiq's fee with a bit extra. But the last time I used my Cap One QS, well over a year ago, I'm pretty sure it showed up as hotel/travel, but my QS is a Visa which doesn't work for mortgage any longer.

I'm guessing any charge through Plastiq will code as Utilities.

Message 15 of 19
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My rent is due the first of the month. When should I submit a transaction through Plastiq in order for the payment to reach my landlord by the 1st? Don’t want to screw around with potentially being late.

When you’re setting up payments, Plastiq asks when you need the payment to arrive by and you select a day on a calendar. Some payments are made electronically and others by check via post office. Yours will probably be sent by check in the mail, so I’d suggest selecting a much earlier date than the 1st. Based on the day you select, Plastiq decides when to charge your credit card so don’t wait too long because they may not have enough time to process and deliver payment, or they may want to charge you an additional fee.

Message 16 of 19
Life_take2
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is 8 business days (Sundays excluded) for them to send out a check via snail mail. They did start offering an "expedited" delivery service that is only 2-3 business days but is prohibitively expensive ($50+ extra) to do. So, to reach by the first, I would imagine the 20th to 22nd of the month would get it there without much issue.

BK7 -9/15 Starting EQ-571 | TU-528 | EX-572 ---> Feb'24- Fico8: EQ-756 | TU-759| EX-751 Fico9: EQ-804 | TU-813 | EX-806

Amazon Store 10,000 * Apple Card-GS 12,000 * Barclay View 11,400 * Citi Costco Visa 8,100 * * Citi BB Visa 10,000 * Discover 8,100 * Discover Miles 14,500 * Eddie Bauer 4,000 * Home Depot 10,000 * HSN 10,000 * Kohls 3,000 * NFCU Flagship 30,000 * NFCU AMEX 25,000 * PenFed Gold 12,500 * Sam's Club MC 15,000 *Wells Fargo Platinum 1,100 * Wells Fargo Autograph 20,000 *
Total CL $204,700
Util% >1% AAOA: 62 Mo

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Imax and LT...thanks for that info. Super helpful. Didn’t know you put in a due date. Will probably try it out at some point when I have a SUB to make. Otherwise I guess I could use my Amex BBP but not sure the 2 MR pts per dollar are worth more than the 2.5% fee. What do you think?
Message 18 of 19
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

FWIW, I've used Plastiq with my AMEX Green for my rent a few times 

It shows up as "TAX PAYMENT" on my statement. 

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.