cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone payoff a car loan using a credit card?

tag
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone payoff a car loan using a credit card?

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

You would be fine. it really does not matter what you pay with your Amex. but i think the big issue would be if the bank that is the lender for your car. will actually take a credit card for payment. as far as amex. no issue what so ever. as long as you pay your bill.

I would absolutely love if my car payment of 900$ a month could go on a credit card, but most lenders won't take that a payment method.. Unless I am missing how to do this?

$900 a month for a car? That's more than my mortgage..damn.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mitchblue wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

You would be fine. it really does not matter what you pay with your Amex. but i think the big issue would be if the bank that is the lender for your car. will actually take a credit card for payment. as far as amex. no issue what so ever. as long as you pay your bill.

I would absolutely love if my car payment of 900$ a month could go on a credit card, but most lenders won't take that a payment method.. Unless I am missing how to do this?

Maybe they're on a 36 month plan, Lol.

Message 12 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Eyeballing a 2012 s550. It would be 936 at 36 months. Plus 3500 down. So that's not bad. 

Message 13 of 19
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I'll be needing a new car sometime in '15 but I'm not sure now..Robot LOL My current car, new 2007, was only $350. I think car prices have blew past my budget.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 14 of 19
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@mitchblue wrote:

I'll be needing a new car sometime in '15 but I'm not sure now..Robot LOL My current car, new 2007, was only $350. I think car prices have blew past my budget.

Mine too! Not that I can't afford that payment - I just can't stand making those type of payments on a depreciating asset!  Everytime I think of those kind of payments I also think - well, could get a little investment property and have it produce income instead.  Must be a mindset...Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

350 more than enough for new car. I'm talking high end Benz. That's 900 plus. 

Message 16 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Nah a 50k car... 6 year loan at meh interest rate... going to refi or buy a new car this year...  I am single, no kids (well a dog) and make over 100k... So that is my justification.  Leasing a place @1k a month as well.. So not to bad

Message 17 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

Mine too! Not that I can't afford that payment - I just can't stand making those type of payments on a depreciating asset!  Everytime I think of those kind of payments I also think - well, could get a little investment property and have it produce income instead.  Must be a mindset...Smiley Wink

See. I don't look at car as asset. It's really a liability. Unless you are making money with it. 

Message 18 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

See. I don't look at car as asset. It's really a liability. Unless you are making money with it. 

+1 cars are a complete liability

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.