Did you mean: 

Anyone receive their Discover Double Cashback yet

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Anyone receive their Discover Double Cashback yet

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
Personally I'm opting to relax and not worry about it until at least one statement after I enrolled which was June. I'm sure it takes them time to calculate and issue all of the doubling.

Agreed that it will definitely take time to calculate and apply the proper amount, I was just curious since it was such a big rush to enroll when it became available.  Wanted to make sure they didn't rescind on anything since I remember some folks on here getting denied enrollment into the program after a certain point.

I'm pooling all my rewards across the board on all of my rewards-bearing accounts so when this one does hit, I am going to cash all out to my bank account to add to my mortgage earnest monies!

Why on earth do people think it takes them "time to calculate"?   It's not some CSR going through your 12 months of statements adding up the amounts etc, just a computer doing something similar to what it does all the time.

FWIW, I got my Miles card Feb 20, 2015 and the double cashback posted on the statement ending Mar 13, 2016, the first available statement that contains 12 months of transactions.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Why on earth do people think it takes them "time to calculate"?   It's not some CSR going through your 12 months of statements adding up the amounts etc, just a computer doing something similar to what it does all the time.

FWIW, I got my Miles card Feb 20, 2015 and the double cashback posted on the statement ending Mar 13, 2016, the first available statement that contains 12 months of transactions.

Yeah, I think the reason they delay it, and why Amex takes time to give you rewards is more based on: 

a) they can put it under the guise of 'in case you make returns'

b) THEY GET TO KEEP THEIR 'MONEY' LONGER 

c) and they CAN

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
Personally I'm opting to relax and not worry about it until at least one statement after I enrolled which was June. I'm sure it takes them time to calculate and issue all of the doubling.

Agreed that it will definitely take time to calculate and apply the proper amount, I was just curious since it was such a big rush to enroll when it became available.  Wanted to make sure they didn't rescind on anything since I remember some folks on here getting denied enrollment into the program after a certain point.

I'm pooling all my rewards across the board on all of my rewards-bearing accounts so when this one does hit, I am going to cash all out to my bank account to add to my mortgage earnest monies!

Okay, so maybe "calculate" is not the right word.  But taking the time to apply it to the account is understandable.  Either way, I know it's coming so I'm not concerned.  Quite pleased in fact at the amount!  I think we all know that Discover is slow to post rewards compared to other lenders (although it is always at statement cut).  My guess is that the 1-2 months after is because it takes into account everything through that 12th statement and then applies it to the next statement.

Message 13 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Okay, so maybe "calculate" is not the right word.  But taking the time to apply it to the account is understandable.  Either way, I know it's coming so I'm not concerned.  Quite pleased in fact at the amount!  I think we all know that Discover is slow to post rewards compared to other lenders (although it is always at statement cut).  My guess is that the 1-2 months after is because it takes into account everything through that 12th statement and then applies it to the next statement.

Well, the point of my example was that they posted in the very first statement that contained the last part of the 12 month transactions, so not even the "next" statement from that view.   And yes, taking time is "understandable" for the reasons that TortoiseWins gives!

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

longtimelurker wrote:

Rattler2000 wrote:

Well, the point of my example was that they posted in the very first statement that contained the last part of the 12 month transactions, so not even the "next" statement from that view.   And yes, taking time is "understandable" for the reasons that TortoiseWins gives!

Gotcha!  All I know is without these boards I would've never know about the promo in the first place since I was approved in May and the promo didn't begin until June 1.  So thankful for everyone here!

Message 15 of 27
cjesser15
Contributor

Just to share my experience, I just got this bonus on the Discover It Miles card. It didn't show up after my 12th statement so I chatted with a rep. She told me the same as what others have said, that it would show up within 1-2 additional statements. The 13th statement cut on Friday and the bonus was there with no problems. It was just added to my existing Miles balance. Already cashed it out.

As a side note, in case anyone was wondering, I also asked if I would be enrolled in the double cash promotion if I now applied for the regular Discover It and she said yes. So you can get the double cash promotion on both cards if that interests anyone. I was previously a regular Discover It cardholder so I made sure to ask if that would affect my eligibility. She said since that account is now closed, and I would be applying for a new account, I would still be eligible. Sorry if any of that is already commonly known.
Message 16 of 27
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

$385.79 so far. My 12th statement will be in June, should hopefully make about $30 at least, since I spent too much money eating out. Thanks Discover. Really enjoyed using the card this past year!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 17 of 27
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

I'm really loving my Discover IT card. I'm on track to getting back just under $1,500! 

When my year is up, I plan on cashing out and applying for a Discover Miles, IF there still doing the double cash promo on that one!

Discover Rocks!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 18 of 27
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Discover double cashback wasn't available until June 1st, 2015, so it would be impossible for anyone to have 12 statements yet.  I signed up within a couple days of it being released and they sent me the following email, which shows I should be getting my cashback on/around my 13th statement.

double.png

Message 19 of 27
rockup55
Contributor

I confirmed a couple of weeks ago that I would be receiving my double cashback reward in July so this is my last month for earning double cashback. I am expecting my total payout to be a little over $2500.  I have already gotten approved for and received my Discover miles card so after this month, I will cut back dramatically on using the basic IT card except for the quarterly categories and shift most of my spending to the miles card to take advantage of double cashback for another year on that card.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.