cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone recently have success with cli request from Walmart/Synch?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Anyone recently have success with cli request from Walmart/Synch?

Just wondering if Synch is still allowing ppl to increase their limits.  I received their annoucement yesterday regarding card security discontinuance effective July 2019. Anyone else?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
headsup7up
Valued Member

Re: Anyone recently have success with cli request from Walmart/Synch?

I have a couple of synch cards that I haven't gotten a CLI on since last year or before. Was it a letter in the mail, or email? What did it say?

Message 2 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Somehow i dont see Sync not giving increases. Weird about the card security thing.
Message 3 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry just realized you are talking about their soon to be gone Wally account. Its possible they stopped giving cli as they will no longer service account?
Message 4 of 21
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

Just wondering if Synch is still allowing ppl to increase their limits.  I received their annoucement yesterday regarding card security discontinuance effective July 2019. Anyone else?

If the 'card security' you're talking about is an insurance product (to pay your bill if you're disabled, laid off, etc.) then it makes sense that they would discontinue offering it since in a few months they will no longer own the accounts.

As far as I know nothing has changed with CLI requests, although if I had a Walmart card and was interested in a CLI I would probably not wait too much longer on calling Credit Solutions.

Message 5 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

If the 'card security' you're talking about is an insurance product (to pay your bill if you're disabled, laid off, etc.) then it makes sense that they would discontinue offering it since in a few months they will no longer own the accounts.

As far as I know nothing has changed with CLI requests, although if I had a Walmart card and was interested in a CLI I would probably not wait too much longer on calling Credit Solutions.

Exactly this......I don't even have a link to request a cli.  My acct. is too new I guess.....curious if anyone else has tried here lately for cli.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied recently, within the past 60 days. I don't recall exactly when nor the reason though I assume I that requested before the 6 months from the last one. Due to the odd wording in the letter. lol

Since I don't know the exact date I recieved the last CLI, I doubt very much I'll be able sneak one in before the switchover. Maybe I should give it another shot june 31st? 

Once this card tranfers to Cap1, I will no longer have any accounts with SYNCH. Good or bad thing I do not know. 

However, it will mean two accounts with Cap1 that may be a bad thing. I'm bucketed with the Silver One, and no upgrades since the one from Platinum. So it was on the chopping block for this year. And now with Walmart going over to them, it makes that two. I was also planning to close one Amex card as well, so now I need to strategize when to close them. 

Message 7 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

It will be my first Cap one card until they realize im in PR and close my cardSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

My DH got an increase on 3/6 in his wally MC, since the cycle with them for us is 4 months for CLIs we haven't tried again yet
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
 im in PR

I didn't know that.  

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.