cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone seeing those $300cashback for $500 spend offers?!?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone seeing those $300cashback for $500 spend offers?!?

@jsucool76 wrote:

Y'all can hate on cap1 all you want...I still love them. They've been nothin but nice to me, and I don't even have the "prime" cash rewards card...I got my "average" cash rewards Smiley Very Happy 

Yeah, I am still going to hate.

I like a bank that you can call the number on the back of the card and get a competent individual who is able to tend to your needs or properly transfer you to somebody that can. Having to deal with the whole backdoor number stuff is not right.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Hahaha! We're just all jealous that you got a decent limit from Crapital One hahaha!!! C1 blows, even if they were my first card ever and helped me build my cred
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

No... I mean apping for three cards, opening three new accounts... Might drop me 30 pts... Lol

Ugh! I want a 760. I noticed that my last two apps didnt affect my score at all. I have like 3 inqs in the past six months.. So guess that's not a lot.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 20
distantarray
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Hahaha! We're just all jealous that you got a decent limit from Crapital One hahaha!!! C1 blows, even if they were my first card ever and helped me build my cred

well capital one  is mainly a subprime lender so why are people so surprised? lol they're pretty terrible though seriously....and like already stated only by going through the executive lines can you get anything decent done. great for a stepping stone and nothing else.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 14 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

exactly.. To be fair, I've gotten great deals from Cap One as far as interest rates are concerned. I'm at 13.99% now, was at 9.9% and even 5.99% at one time. Lol but $1300 is like not enough to even wipe my a*** with without messing up my util. Oh well, guess a few dollars in itunes charges will have to do her. Hahaha I realllllyyy wanna close it ugh. And their exec team alll but blows.
Message 15 of 20
distantarray
Established Contributor

exactly.. To be fair, I've gotten great deals from Cap One as far as interest rates are concerned. I'm at 13.99% now, was at 9.9% and even 5.99% at one time. Lol but $1300 is like not enough to even wipe my a*** with without messing up my util. Oh well, guess a few dollars in itunes charges will have to do her. Hahaha I realllllyyy wanna close it ugh. And their exec team alll but blows.

I would like to wipe my A$S with $1,300 lol   anyways GO NAVY!   $17,000 credit card at 5% interest rate no rewards though, 7.24% was my rewards card =) but I changed it cause it's my fallback card, or my buy a car cause dealers are offering my stupid intrest rates card LOL since I know they like to screw around sometimes. It's funny to build auto history if they don't give me a good rate. I'll finance like $3000 on a 60 month plan if they let me LOL and rest on the card, much easier to do this Smiley Happy

I had 13 cars so far, and all paid cash, all modest cards nothing expensive mind you. Like Camry's etc few years old.

Message 16 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol.. I was jk:-P.... $1300 is just my lowest limit :-(.... Ugh first world problems.

LOL yeah, Im beginning to think that when I purchase a car next... Besides the fact that I'd never borrow money for a car for SEVEN years like some ppl these days. Might be smart to use a credit card haha most of my cc companies will just send me bal xfer checks....which I can use for cash. Why go through the hassle of wasting inquies and opening a new account for an auto loan, when you have a limit high enough to buy a good, used car???!!

We're smart, whaaaattttttttt!??!!!! Lol :-P
I spent FIVE years paying off my last car, not even in my name-was in my mom's. I NEVER want to be stuck with a car payment again. Lol
Message 17 of 20
distantarray
Established Contributor

Lol.. I was jk:-P.... $1300 is just my lowest limit :-(.... Ugh first world problems.

LOL yeah, Im beginning to think that when I purchase a car next... Besides the fact that I'd never borrow money for a car for SEVEN years like some ppl these days. Might be smart to use a credit card haha most of my cc companies will just send me bal xfer checks....which I can use for cash. Why go through the hassle of wasting inquies and opening a new account for an auto loan, when you have a limit high enough to buy a good, used car???!!

We're smart, whaaaattttttttt!??!!!! Lol :-P
I spent FIVE years paying off my last car, not even in my name-was in my mom's. I NEVER want to be stuck with a car payment again. Lol

Even if you have a 5% credit card and high enough limit to finance a car under a decent rate under your credit card, it still doesn't build auto enhanced score, and it also factors in huge debt into credit/debt ratio where auto loans do not. So there's a huge trade off, if you finance a car let's say 3 years on a credit card for a long time your credit scores are going to suffer due to utility. credit card car financing should always be a last option =)

Message 18 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Unless you:
A. Have a lower interest rate
B. Have enough avail credit to cushion the blow to your util
C. Can find a dealer that accepts ccs.

Of course, if I lease a car, I obvi don't wanna use a cc. I see your point, but installment loans generally pose a larger risk to your dti than revolving lines. obvi I'd never finance a $30k car on my credit cards haha, buy maybe a $3 or $4k car lol as most banks won't do an auto loan for that much anyway.
Message 19 of 20
distantarray
Established Contributor

Unless you:
A. Have a lower interest rate
B. Have enough avail credit to cushion the blow to your util
C. Can find a dealer that accepts ccs.

Of course, if I lease a car, I obvi don't wanna use a cc. I see your point, but installment loans generally pose a larger risk to your dti than revolving lines. obvi I'd never finance a $30k car on my credit cards haha, buy maybe a $3 or $4k car lol as most banks won't do an auto loan for that much anyway.

it's not that they won't do it for 3-4k it's usually a 4k car is a piece of crap that has no collateral value, plus usually the cars are so old or to a point where it could potentially break down at any given time. remember with car loans they got something to repossess if you default. They want to have the ability to repossess something that is of value.

Let's say you got 10k downpayment, if you need an extra 3-4 for a downpayment on a certfied used car like a 2009 Camry you'll have no problem getting 3-4k from a bank for a auto loan, which is probably best to do since your building auto credit etc.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.