cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone still getting 5x restaurant points on Citi Forward?

tag
colinstu
Regular Contributor

Anyone still getting 5x restaurant points on Citi Forward?

I got the card nearly a year ago and they later changed the wording down to 1x points, but by December I was still getting 5x. I haven't used the card in a few months because Discover has 5% for restaurants right now (and won't use it for another 3 months because the Freedom card is doing the same now too). Curious though... anyone been using this card recently noticed if they're still getting 5x (assuming you applied when it was 5x and was still working back in December). 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
vpae
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone still getting 5x restaurant points on Citi Forward?

My fiance has had the Forward for some time now. She recently got automatically upgraded from Visa to Visa Signature and the insert still refers to resturants at 5x.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 2 of 18
Trivolve
Contributor

5x. checked my feb statement

[Total CL: $97K] Citi Forward, BoA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Hyatt, AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX Hilton Hhonors, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thankyou Preferred, Barclaycard Arrival Plus, AMEX Platinum, Chase IHG
Message 3 of 18
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Yep, 5x for me as well still. Only thing i use my Forward card for.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 4 of 18
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I use Forward for restaurants, movies, and Amazon. 5x on everything. It's one of my favorite cards.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Citi Forward was upgraded to a Visa Signature today and I am still getting the 5x on restaurants, movies, record stores and bookstores (includes Amazon). This info came with the upgraded card. Also, on my statement.
Message 6 of 18
colinstu
Regular Contributor

How did you go about getting it upgraded to a siggy? Is there a min credit line requirement? What was your CL then/now? 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi told me they periodically review Forward accounts and upgrade to Siggys from the review. What is the CL? Was told it was $5K. What is in the criteria of a review? Unknown. Also, I tried at least four times to submit a request for the Siggy and was told it was not available by request. Received my Citi Forward account 10/2012. In reading what others wrote it seems two to four years was present for upgrades. Whether this was just the account age of those who submitted info? Don't know. Like many things in credit it remains a mystery to me.
Message 8 of 18
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

They also upgraded me to a Signature. It sounds like Citi just did a big conversion for a number of accounts with certain criteria. My CL was $8,000 at the time if that helps. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Forward interesting observation/question ... it seems the Visa network no longer mandates that a Signature account have a NPSL (checked the Visa website 03-18-14 and is optional to the lender's discretion). Citi Cards has two Visa account prefixes 4128 and 4127. Seems the 4128 may not get the NPSL and the 4127 does. Some other poster on this website questioned this. My research is very limited but now I wonder? No one that has posted on the Citi Forward Visa Signature upgrades ever mentioned that Citi Cards changed them to a "revolving credit line" (flexible spending card). My upgrade did not change the CL or add the "revolving credit line." Now the truth is I would not want to go over the limit but it was always a great back-up. Food for thought. Anyone else have info, I am curious (I know it killed the cat). As an aside, my Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard does have the "revolving credit line" (flexible spending card).

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.