cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone uses checks to pay credit card statements?

tag
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone uses checks to pay credit card statements?

If you pay with check call them and let them know that it may not arrive on time.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@akula wrote:

Personally, I think the US Mail system is the best in the world, but no way am I going to bank on it.

You made a funny!

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't written a check in 6 years. I would die if I had to pay all these cards with a check. I would probably have to cancel at least 5 accounts, lmao.
Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay all my bills by check unless I can pay by CC with a net gain on rewards.

If I'm going to sit down and balance my register against the paper statement it's hardly more trouble to cut a check.

Plus I just find writing checks pleasant for whatever reason.
Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay online.

I did however BT a couple of cards to my ring to get the 1% statement credit. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I walk in branch and pay with cash, which all four banks are within one mile radius of me. Chase/capOne/BoA/Wells Fargo 

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I'm going to sit down and balance my register against the paper statement it's hardly more trouble to cut a check.

I truly don't understand how writing checks could be considered "pleasant."

And I would call you weird, except that I actually get great pleasure out of reconciling each and every of my credit card, bank and savings accounts each month. There's something very satisfying about getting everything to balance out to the penny. It's particularly exciting when I can reconcile a busy account, and everything matches with no question. More often, there's a transfer I've forgotten to enter, or an automatic payment that I didn't account for, or some such. And the momentary dissonance caused by the discrepancy makes the resolution when I discover the reason and make the appropriate entry all the sweeter when everything reconciles to zero. Ahhhh, balance in my universe.

So, who's weirder? Smiley Happy

Chris.

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I truly don't understand how writing checks could be considered "pleasant."

And I would call you weird, except that I actually get great pleasure out of reconciling each and every of my credit card, bank and savings accounts each month. There's something very satisfying about getting everything to balance out to the penny. It's particularly exciting when I can reconcile a busy account, and everything matches with no question. More often, there's a transfer I've forgotten to enter, or an automatic payment that I didn't account for, or some such. And the momentary dissonance caused by the discrepancy makes the resolution when I discover the reason and make the appropriate entry all the sweeter when everything reconciles to zero. Ahhhh, balance in my universe.

So, who's weirder? Smiley Happy

Chris.

I hate writing checks. Smiley Indifferent

I always goof up the 0/100 cents stuff. LOL.

Message 18 of 35
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Every time I see someone write a check I think about the 80 year old grandmother in line at the grocery store who takes 20 minutes to fill out her check...

... while I am stabbing my eyeballs with a fork.

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

My customers that do write checks say they write it because they don't want their fraudulent charges on their debit card. Yet when they open their wallets I seen like 5 credit cards.
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.