cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using the capital one debit rewards mastercard?

tag
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

Anyone using the capital one debit rewards mastercard?

I know that capone doesn't get much love on these forums but I was wondering if anyone has used their debit rewards mastercard and if so, is it a good thing? I received an offer via email for it, it is tied to your checking account (at any bank) and you earn 1 point for every $2.00 spent. I was thinking that since I don't earn anything with my current debit card, I would enroll. Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Roxlie
Contributor

Re: Anyone using the capital one debit rewards mastercard?

I have one and I used it all the time. One day I went to withdrawal cash from the ATM and I couldn't take out more than $200. If I hadn't taken my regular debit card out of my wallet I could have taken that much out, but if I remember right it's $200 per day max. After that I just haven't used it at all. Mainly lazyness, but also I didn't want to have to carry both the Cap 1 debit card and my bank one. If you don't mind carrying both around it's fine. Also remember you will take a surcharge fee if you use it to withdrawal from an ATM, even if it's from your own bank.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a fee?

Message 3 of 6
Roxlie
Contributor

There is no fee to have the card
Message 4 of 6
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

It does have a fee 9.95 per year.
Message 5 of 6
Roxlie
Contributor

That must be new. There is no fee for my card.

Sorry for the misinformation.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.