cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with Palladium card or Chase/JPM private bank experience?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone with Palladium card or Chase/JPM private bank experience?

I got my parents interested in the Palladium card and they had some questions about the card and the banking relationship with Chase Private Client. Hopefully some people on this forum might be able to share their expertise on the subject.

Is it possible to get the card without opening up a private banking account if you express interest in the possibility of doing so? Once you have an account, how can you go about getting the card and could you get the AF waived? Can you keep the card account after you end your banking relationship? Do you have to turn in the card when the card account is cancelled? Finally, does Chase Private Client let you do self-directed IRA stock portfolios and will that count towards the minimum average balance requirement? Thank you all!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone with Palladium card or Chase/JPM private bank experience?

there is at least one user on here that has the card, a regular, but haven't seen him post in awhile.. someone will remember his name

Just remember his experience with his chase cards getting shut down many times and re-opened due to a BMW amex issue most recently when they apped him for that card without his permission

Message 2 of 19
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Bribro has one
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 3 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

there is at least one user on here that has the card, a regular, but haven't seen him post in awhile.. someone will remember his name

Just remember his experience with his chase cards getting shut down many times and re-opened due to a BMW amex issue most recently when they apped him for that card without his permission

enharu, and he suggested that the card is far from great

See for exmaple, post 14 in http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Metal-Cards/td-p/3527809/page/2

Message 4 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

You nailed who i was thinking aboutSmiley Happy... Haven't seen him around for maybe a month or at least sections of forums i read.

Message 5 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

You nailed who i was thinking aboutSmiley Happy... Haven't seen him around for maybe a month or at least sections of forums i read.

If you search users for him, last visited 11-21-2014 09:45 PM

Amazing!  Do some people have things to do apart from post here?

Message 6 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Guess people do have lifes other then MyFico..  Who would of thought lol... Typical work night I watch tv and surf this site among other research on non-cc related topics

Message 7 of 19
Lyythine
Established Contributor

I am a chase private client, but I do not have the palladium card.  I do not think you can get the annual fee waived. To answer your other questions, to my knowledge, there is no true "self-directed" IRA offering.  You can tell them what to invest in and leave it there forever, but its basically a fully managed relationship.  You have full access to the cash portion of your account, unlimited free checking/savings/wires,etc: but the securities are fully managed by the bank based on your wants/needs.  Only other advantage that I can think of is that the JP Morgan card is no pre-set spending limit and Ive never had a transaction declined.  Im sure they base the internal limit on some multiple of your account balance, but what that is, I have no idea.

Message 8 of 19
dilettante
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my parents interested in the Palladium card and they had some questions about the card and the banking relationship with Chase Private Client. Hopefully some people on this forum might be able to share their expertise on the subject.

Is it possible to get the card without opening up a private banking account if you express interest in the possibility of doing so? Once you have an account, how can you go about getting the card and could you get the AF waived? Can you keep the card account after you end your banking relationship? Do you have to turn in the card when the card account is cancelled? Finally, does Chase Private Client let you do self-directed IRA stock portfolios and will that count towards the minimum average balance requirement? Thank you all!

I have the Palladium card and CPC checking/savings.  Basically, anyone with a minimum $250k in deposits (savings/checking/investment) can qualify for CPC and get the card by asking your CPC banker to endorse and send in the app.  There were a few stories of people who got a banker to send in an app without a banking relationship and one of someone with just a mortgage on FT but those are rare.

The AF cannot be waived, but your banker can reimburse you for the AF, if you ask them or in my case, offer to do so.  My AF is being reimbursed because my banker knows that I am not that thrilled with the card lately.  The AF is $595, AU's are $99 each.  Only the Primary cardholder will get the annual full UA Club membership but the AU's will get their own Lounge Club cards.

There were rumors floating around that they would enhance the benefits of the card but so far nothing worthwhile has been added.  I only put 100k a year spend on this card to get the 35k yearly spend bonus but after that I usually use other cards (Palladium only gives 2X on travel).  

It is a hidden tradeline and minimum starting CL qualification is $15k but they will definitely give you much, much, more than that. And it's a flexible limit so you're able to charge 3X your CL. 

I still have my money sitting in their checking/savings so I don't know what they will do to the card if and when I finally decide what to do with the cash and pull it out of Chase.  It is just a credit card so I would assume that even if you don't bank with them anymore, you can keep the card as long as you pay the AF and not get it reimbursed.

bribro was the Palladium expert but has pretty much been silent here and on FT for quite awhile,  I guess I'm the only one who doesn't have a life right nowSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Palladium card and CPC checking/savings.  Basically, anyone with a minimum $250k in deposits (savings/checking/investment) can qualify for CPC and get the card by asking your CPC banker to endorse and send in the app.  There were a few stories of people who got a banker to send in an app without a banking relationship and one of someone with just a mortgage on FT but those are rare.

The AF cannot be waived, but your banker can reimburse you for the AF, if you ask them or in my case, offer to do so.  My AF is being reimbursed because my banker knows that I am not that thrilled with the card lately.  The AF is $595, AU's are $99 each.  Only the Primary cardholder will get the annual full UA Club membership but the AU's will get their own Lounge Club cards.

There were rumors floating around that they would enhance the benefits of the card but so far nothing worthwhile has been added.  I only put 100k a year spend on this card to get the 35k yearly spend bonus but after that I usually use other cards (Palladium only gives 2X on travel).  

It is a hidden tradeline and minimum starting CL qualification is $15k but they will definitely give you much, much, more than that. And it's a flexible limit so you're able to charge 3X your CL. 

I still have my money sitting in their checking/savings so I don't know what they will do to the card if and when I finally decide what to do with the cash and pull it out of Chase.  It is just a credit card so I would assume that even if you don't bank with them anymore, you can keep the card as long as you pay the AF and not get it reimbursed.

bribro was the Palladium expert but has pretty much been silent here and on FT for quite awhile,  I guess I'm the only one who doesn't have a life right nowSmiley Happy

I don't have palladium but from what i have gathered from i have read about it is that the benefits of the card other than prestige factor are pretty underwhelming imo. Even with all the CSP nerfs it still matches up pretty well with the palladium. Well other than the CL i would assume. 

Also i don't like have that much money sitting in an checking or savings account at brick and mortar bank that gets you so little interest wise. I am not the biggest fan of their choices of actively managed funds either. I guess if i had that much money i could put it one of their low cost etfs possibly, but not thrilled at the fact i would have to pay fee everytime i would buy or sell. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.