Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with a Macy's AmEx

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Anyone with a Macy's AmEx

I applied back in August, account was opened around 8 August. I was approved for the store TL and AmEx TL as well. The store TL has reported to my CR, but the AmEx TL hasn't yet. Here it is, 14 September, and still no sign of it. I've received the card already. My question is when it finally reports, will it report with an open date the same as my store TL, or with whatever day it was reported? I'm worried about another hit in my AAoA. FYI, I have not yet used the AmEx card either. Do they wait until it is used before they report it? Any help is appreciated.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone with a Macy's AmEx

@resilient wrote:

I applied back in August, account was opened around 8 August. I was approved for the store TL and AmEx TL as well. The store TL has reported to my CR, but the AmEx TL hasn't yet. Here it is, 14 September, and still no sign of it. I've received the card already. My question is when it finally reports, will it report with an open date the same as my store TL, or with whatever day it was reported? I'm worried about another hit in my AAoA. FYI, I have not yet used the AmEx card either. Do they wait until it is used before they report it? Any help is appreciated.

The AMEX TL shoudl report with the same open date as your store TL.  You would likely need to use it for the AMEX TL to report.

Message 2 of 5
resilient
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@resilient wrote:

The AMEX TL shoudl report with the same open date as your store TL.  You would likely need to use it for the AMEX TL to report.

Darnit, I need to use it before they decide to change their minds. Got it just for the big discounts on the first day of shopping....didn't know it'd be the AmEx. To the gas station I go to get some....gum.. lol

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 3 of 5
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@resilient wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@resilient wrote:

Darnit, I need to use it before they decide to change their minds. Got it just for the big discounts on the first day of shopping....didn't know it'd be the AmEx. To the gas station I go to get some....gum.. lol

did you get any type of notice that your macy's Amex awards 3% on fuel, grocery, drugstore and dining purchases through 10/31/13?

i've had my card for a few years and rec'd that notice with my last statement (macy's Amex usually gives 1%).  it's not cash back, but goes towards macy's rewards certificates (for purchases at macy's)

Message 4 of 5
resilient
Established Contributor

I got that notice, but I already have a 5% gas card that I can't beat!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.