Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with experience with BECU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone with experience with BECU?

If their credit cards fit your spend, then you should apply for it. If you want to know if one HP can be used for multiple products, then call their CS. Best of luck!!!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone. I decided on BECU because at least 10 of my closest friends and family swear by them. I honestly couldn't decide and wasnt sure so..... I joined BECU and DCU opening savings accounts with both. I could use one to save for my future house and the other for a rainy day. I'll be applying for a credit card after I pay down my cards this week and they report. I'll keep you all.posted and let you know how it went.
Message 12 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

What is the attraction?  Their ccs little pretty uninteresting, unless you really get the lowest APR.

How is the BECU Credit Card not interesting?

Everyone gets all dreamy-eyed over the Barclays Ring card, but compare:

Ring: 8% BECU: Low as 6.9%

No FTF Same same

No BT Fee Same same

No penalty fees Same same

No cash advance fee Same same

No Rewards Same same (You can buy-in to the BECU Rewards if you so choose by paying an annual $25 fee, optional)

If you are not in the area served by BECU (Washington and several other states where Boeing has operations) then you are Simply Out of Luck, but if you are in the service area, it's worth looking into.

If you don't get the best APR initially with BECU, there is an annual review each September: based on your credit file improvements they will lower your APR proactively.

Oh, maybe because I don't get dreamy-eyed over the ring!   But I also don't put a lot of weight in low APR, and I understand that for those that do want a low-APR card (and with no rewards, presumably for emergencies) this could be worthwhile.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my Quicksilver and BOA 123 for cash rewards so a low APR would be nice for carrying any balances (Christmas shopping).
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.