Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything I can do? (US BANK)

tag
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Anything I can do? (US BANK)

I apped for the CAsh+ not too long ago, got the in review message, called 3 days later boom Accepted. Get the card in the mail today. Its not a Cash+ its a US Bank Cash Rewards with 3,500 limit, its a card Ive never even seen on their site. It definitely is not a Cash+ because I called to clarify. Instead it is just a regular credit card with 1% rewards. I obliously didnt want this mediocre card. I tried to PC they said they dont do that for some god forsaken reason. Im too invested now to cancel even though I most def. will in the future. Any options or words of wisdom for me, true backdoor numbers etc. anything will help. 

I have 2 visa sigs in my name a sapphire 5k and nfcu flagship 10k if that holds any weight with them

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anything I can do? (US BANK)

the csr said i can apply for the cash + in 30 days, that is absolutely not an option, im not wasting another Hard hit on this mediocre bank.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
Message 2 of 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

When you apply, it already says if you are not qualified for Cash+ you will be considered Cash instead.

Just use the card for 6 months before asking to PC.

Message 3 of 17
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

I asked for a pc the car said it wasn't an option. Does US bank In fact offer a pc?

Lender pulled 10-10-13
Message 4 of 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

I asked for a pc the car said it wasn't an option. Does US bank In fact offer a pc?

They do PC but like I said, keep the card and use it for sometime before asking for PC. You can't PC right now.

Message 5 of 17
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Ok that's good to know. Idk I may just cancel it. I don't have a need to use this card regularly just because itrails take away spending from the cards I have with better rewards.  What kinda of pull dO they use for pc and are cli hard or soft?

Lender pulled 10-10-13
Message 6 of 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

Ok that's good to know. Idk I may just cancel it. I don't have a need to use this card regularly just because itrails take away spending from the cards I have with better rewards.  What kinda of pull dO they use for pc and are cli hard or soft?

Not sure about PC but CLI is always HP.

Message 7 of 17
fedxboy
Established Contributor

That card is exactly what I have with a 3500 limit and the measley 1%. and 16.99%.  It started out as the US Bank Flex Perks Cash Reward card, that i recieved in Aug 2011.  It's now 1 year old with a zero balance.  Ironically, today I just requested a cli to 5000, as this is the first step and then I think I would have to apply for the Sig card.  When I asked a month ago, why it wasn't upgraded -- I was told that since my limit is 3500, I would have to ask for a cli and then apply or maybe pc, but only with 5000+

They just offered me a balance transfer for 2.99% till Aug 2013........Sigh!!   pfft

My Chase Amazon visa, just gave me a 0% BT till June 2013

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 8 of 17
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

That card is exactly what I have with a 3500 limit and the measley 1%. and 16.99%.  It started out as the US Bank Flex Perks Cash Reward card, that i recieved in Aug 2011.  It's now 1 year old with a zero balance.  Ironically, today I just requested a cli to 5000, as this is the first step and then I think I would have to apply for the Sig card.  When I asked a month ago, why it wasn't upgraded -- I was told that since my limit is 3500, I would have to ask for a cli and then apply or maybe pc, but only with 5000+

They just offered me a balance transfer for 2.99% till Aug 2013........Sigh!!   pfft

My Chase Amazon visa, just gave me a 0% BT till June 2013

ive never had any experience with US bank till apping, the Cash+ seemed awesome, it was my fault because I should have paid more attention to detail but theyve left a bad taste in my mouth. this is similar to my very first credit card with just a higher cl. As far as banks go overall i never plan on considering them again. Citi sure, BofA sure, Chase def. but US Bank just got BLACKLISTED!Smiley Wink

Lender pulled 10-10-13
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just actually applied for the Cash+ myself.  Like you I was sent the regular Cash Rewards card.  Limit of $6,500.  Called up to ask the reason for the downgrade and the lady in underwriting told me it was due to me not having enough current credit.  Told her I wasn't going to use it as the cards I just recently applied for and got approved for were way better than the 1% cash back, as the whole reason I applied for the Cash+ was the 5% bill pay and electronics to round out my cards, and that it would definately see some good use each month.  She responded by saying that keeping the card and using it would help open up that door and build a relationship with them.  So now I've decided to keep the card and use that as my replacement debit card and just ask for a PC in 6 months to the Cash+ if they are still structuring the rewards as they are now.  Figured used a HP may as well take the 6.5k increase to my credit line and start aging another TL.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.