Did you mean: 

App Spree / CLI Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree / CLI Questions

Hi again, all!

Have a few questions regarding app spree's:

* Is there a preferred order to work though when doing spree's?

* Should I try and process CLI's on the same day?

* What about asking for new line's from companies you already have CC's with? Is this reccommended or discouraged? Before or after the CLI request?

I checked around and did not see an App Spree FAQ post (although my search button-fu could be failing me).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Re: App Spree / CLI Questions

*Bump.. interested in the answers to this as well Smiley Happy

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 2 of 8
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

What cards are you looking to app for?

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 3 of 8
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Your apps are going to show on your credit report immediately, so I would apply for the cards in order of how much you want each. Similarly with the CLIs, do them before or after the new apps, and do them in order as well!

Message 4 of 8
kulamrazool82
Valued Member

Hi,

My opinions inline...

* Is there a preferred order to work though when doing spree's? - Yes, there is. It depends on the cards you want. Always good to start from Most Valued (hard to get) cards to less valued (or) easy to obtain cards. 

* Should I try and process CLI's on the same day? - Yes, it's better to process it on same day...once you done apping for your new cards.

*What about asking for new line's from companies you already have CC's with? Is this reccommended or discouraged? Before or after the CLI request? - Tricky question. I would app for new line. And, I will wait for few months to ask for CLI on the existing acc.

Good luck!

Syed

Scores: 723 (EX CITI Pull 11/09/13), 669 (CK 11/21/13), 680 (EQ Duck Card Score 11/11/13) 664 (Walmart TU FICO Nov '13)
Duck Card - 12K | Amex BCE - 2K | Amex Costco - 1.2K | CITI TY Pref - 6.5K | Chase Freedom - 3K | DCU Visa - 5K | Genisys CU Visa - 2K | Discover More - 4.5K | Cap1 Q Silver - 1500 | Cap One Hassle Free - 1500 | Amazon Store - 1900 | Walmart Store - 800 | Kohls - 300 | Macys - 800
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I misunderstood the whole app spree process. I thought nothing would show up on your CR for a couple of days, the reason for doing it all at once to keep the new HP's and AAoA drop from showing when you're app'ing with all the companies.

If that's not the case, is there any particular reason to do an app spree?
Message 6 of 8
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Inq's show up, it's the accounts that don't show up right away.  Well sometimes they do but in my case Discover,Citi,Chase took a few days to start reporting so my AAOA hadn't taken that hit yet.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 7 of 8
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

the incentive for app spree is that the inq all fall off or stop effecting your score the same day.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.