Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Feel Depress afterward

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree Feel Depress afterward

The past two and half weeks has been nothing but a blessing, so I'm not complaining at all. I was able to lease a 2022 MDX without a single inquiry on my credit report from that purchase. I got the color, trim and exact vehicle specs I wanted. I did use a broker, everything was done via phone and email. I asked the dealership to only submit my credit app thru AFS and that's it. They agreed, 45 mins later I received a Congrats call and I arranged vehicle pickup the next day. AFS apparently approves leases/loans with soft pulls for individuals with 700 and up credit scores. Mines was Tu 711 at the time. 

A few days after taking delivery of my car, I app'd for the the Discover card Bam $9000

Fast forward to this past weekend. I wasn't really feeling good (mood wise) so I app'd for the following Accounts:

Citi AA: Approved $1500

Boa Cash Rewards: $9000

Paypal MasterCard: $1000

I added over $21k in new credit, now my anxiety is starting to kick in and I think I may have over done it, my scores did fall a few points Tu 690 Eq 694 Ex 698 I'm trying to be positive and hope nothing adverse happens. I need to get this off my chest, it's really bothering me. I should be celebrating but my anxiety is tampering my jubilation

7992FC7D-76EB-49A0-AC54-4374D4DBB780.jpeg

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: App Spree Feel Depress afterward

Congratulations on your approvals! Your scores will recover in time.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

Thanks! Do u think I'll get CLD?

Message 3 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

Thanks! Do u think I'll get CLD?

Do you have twitchy lenders, e.g. Chase, Synchrony? Not knowing your profile, unable to answer.

ETA. You got a PayPal, so that one I would keep an eye on.

Message 4 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous- well, it appears the toothpaste is out of the tube so all you can do is celebrate these recent achievements and fly below the radar.  Do not add any additional accounts/HPs, etc., that can yield potential adverse action. 

Message 5 of 21
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the car and new CCs! At this point, what's done is done and there's nothing to do about it now. I totally understand coming off the high of approvals. It only lasts so long, and then you start to feel down. It's the same with shopping or any other "fix"...it's only temporary. That's exactly why I take breaks from the forum lol. It's easy to get caught up in the hype here. Just give it time and enjoy your new car and cards. 

Message 6 of 21
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

As @FinStar mentioned, there's nothing that can be done now.  Just take the advice given and relax for a while on apps.  Get outside...hopefully spring in on the way in your area.  Enjoy that nice new car you got.  App'ing can create a high in some strange way which is why most app sprees happen in the first place.  But I'm sure yo know there are a lot of other things that are just as fun.  Congrats on your approvals and enjoy that new MDX!

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the success! Agreed with the above - now is a good time to take a break from credit and relax, enjoy other hobbies, and most of all, enjoy your new ride. That '22 MDX is one of the sweetest rides coming out this year. One of my cars is an '08 MDX and I love it, but the '22 makes me drool. Green with envy over here Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, congratulations on the approvals!

And I understand where you're coming from.  Successful apps and buying/acquiring new things creates an endorphin rush, but that wears off quickly and the buyer's remorse kicks in.  I have the same problem when I buy music gear.  New gear endorphin, then it crashes and said gear starts collecting dust (doesn't help that I lack time and talent! lol).

For now, start gardening, let those new accounts age and your scores to bounce back.  You'll be in great credit shape before you know it, and in the meantime, you have a nice new car to enjoy.

Message 9 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

It can become an addiction like many other things. Focus on other hobbies, use your current cards and build history, and just leave it alone. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.