cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Strategy suggestions please! What would you do!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: App Spree Strategy suggestions please! What would you do!

Apply for both, chase you might be able to recon for higher, citi will probably be what it will be to start
Message 11 of 23
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Is Chase a good use of an HP with recent negative information?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you go to chase..com and run the pre-qual on it and get an offer still today I would apply!

same with Citi

Message 13 of 23
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Best2014 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

If you have to go for something right away, between the two lenders, I'd say go Chase.

I need the credit quickly because I am planning some purchases and my utilization will go up starting next month.

So between the Citi Diamond and Chase, you'd think is easier to get Chase to give me a higher CL ? Is it an easier card than citi preferred?

I'm thinking it'd be easy to combine CLs with Chase if you had multiple cards and needed to do that.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 23
Best2014

Ok..

I will just reply to Slate Chase and Citi, unless it is a better strategy to apply for Slate and Freedom at the same time different web browsers since they will pull from same credit bureau more likely experian? 

now also, the question is should I put the balance transfer immediately on the application or wait until I get it?

I wonder they might consider giving you a higher CL when you initially pay off another card since you are freeing up some debt or if it makes NO difference.

Message 15 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. you have a slate offer... where did this talk of freedom come in?

2. PLEASE go online and run the "Pre-Qual" that each of these banks have online... if you get offers, I feel they are more valid then what you get in the mail.

3. just apply, do BT AFTER you have been approved and know the limit.

Message 16 of 23
Best2014

@Creditaddict wrote:

2. PLEASE go online and run the "Pre-Qual" that each of these banks have online... if you get offers, I feel they are more valid then what you get in the mail.

yes, I got a Freedom offer as well. And they are the same on their website. But I keep trying to get someone to come up with something better than "apply for what you got"

I thought people here were into things like 2 browser applications, apply on cards with recon better chances, etc..

I could have easily just applied for all 3 offers I have received, but I am trying to maximize cards CL vs inquiries.

Anyone with the patience to read my first post and attempt to come up with a little more sophistication for a strategy? I will really appreciate it.. thanks!

Message 17 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Best2014 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

yes, I got a Freedom offer as well. And they are the same on their website. But I keep trying to get someone to come up with something better than "apply for what you got"

I thought people here were into things like 2 browser applications, apply on cards with recon better chances, etc..

I could have easily just applied for all 3 offers I have received, but I am trying to maximize cards CL vs inquiries.

Anyone with the patience to read my first post and attempt to come up with a little more sophistication for a strategy? I will really appreciate it.. thanks!

I'm not familiar with 2 browsers somehow equals 1 pull.

you need bt more, so apply slate first, then go back and apply for freedom... Believe someone else borderline approval recently tried this and got the slate approved and declined freedom on recon too but alwYs worth a shot

Message 18 of 23
GFer
Valued Contributor

@maksimfa wrote:

I would say Amex and or a Chase Visa Signature of your choice.  Typically start at 5k limit and go up.  

Amex, you can do 3x CLI hopefully at 61 days, so that is also a strategy.

I would check my FICO score FIRST...   I think Amex would serve you better with the 3x CLI if you qualify. Check whogavemecredit.com based on scores and situation. Needless inquiries won't help you. Be informed before apping! Citi has been more generous of late....

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 23
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@Best2014 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Most of these posters read your whole post. You are trying to trick or cheat the system, and that rarely can work--if you're assuming that with two browsers, you can hit apply at the same time on both and the second one won't see the inq. You are in the wrong place if you think people are going to try and help you cheat the system. People are giving you solid advice. You are most likely going to get approved for cards you are pre qualified for--maximizing your cards vs inquiries, like you want. Then you turn your nose up at the obvious answer and ask for people to help you cheat....Classy.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.