cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree - Stupid Question?

tag
wallstreet777

App Spree - Stupid Question?

Let's say you had 4 you wanted to apply for. Would it matter if you had 4 different browser windows opened and hit submit on all one after another?
Amex Gold (NPSL) - Amex BCE (18,000) - Chase Freedom ($14000) - Capital One Rewards (4500)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: App Spree - Stupid Question?

this isn't a stupid question. i was wondering about the same thing a month ago.

it doesn't matter how many browsers you use. each lender will still see those inquiries if they pull from the same bureau.

Just app in order of hardest to recon, harder to recon, easy to recon, and lastly easiest to recon.

that way if you ever need to recon, at least it's easier to get approved.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 9
phoenix_one
Contributor

It dependes which 4 cards are you referring to.

If all cards are from the same company like GE, it may consider it a fraudulent application and all of them are cancelled.

Starting Score: 660 - 2010
Current Score: Experian 758, Equifax 767, TransUnion 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@phoenix_one wrote:

It dependes which 4 cards are you referring to.

If all cards are from the same company like GE, it may consider it a fraudulent application and all of them are cancelled.

this as well. forgot to mention. 

also, certain banks like citi for example, has a strict policy of 1 app per 30 (some say its 60) days. any additional apps are automatically declined.

to be on the safe side, don't go on an app spree with the same lender, unless you already have established good relationship with them.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 9
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure it means anything, but it took Discover 3.5 days to trigger my myFico after app. Usually, my account alerts me within just a few hours.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 5 of 9
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Sorry; iphone sent message early.

If it were me, I would app for cards that are known to hit specific credit bureaus. Not an exact science, but Amex is almost exclusively experian, and Barclays uses TU. YMMV, but Chase has always pulled EQ for me, with EX on recon.
WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 6 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@LisaJ wrote:
Sorry; iphone sent message early.

If it were me, I would app for cards that are known to hit specific credit bureaus. Not an exact science, but Amex is almost exclusively experian, and Barclays uses TU. YMMV, but Chase has always pulled EQ for me, with EX on recon.

Chase is usually EX / EQ, depending on the area you live in, but they have been known to pull from both or even all bureaus recently. For my case, they pulled EX & TU.

Message 7 of 9
wallstreet777

Thanks for the responses and tips! Very much appreciated
Amex Gold (NPSL) - Amex BCE (18,000) - Chase Freedom ($14000) - Capital One Rewards (4500)
Message 8 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

its hit in just a tiny second. On the safe side, you dont want your computer to freeze up and all those apps cancel even thou inquiry hit. lol

Dont be too greedy. I said 2 should be fine.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.