cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Tomorrow, LF an extra set of eyes.

tag
pkosheta
Contributor

App Spree Tomorrow, LF an extra set of eyes.

Tis the season for an app spree for me,

Here are the 3 i plan to app for

Citi Hilton Reserve

The new Cap1 GM card

Club Carlson Premier

I put just under 30k on cards every year, 20k is rent for my roommate and I. (The rental company doesnt charge any fees so I pay w/ CC and he writes me a check!)  The hilton will receive 10-15k spend a year to get the free night and earn me enough points for my annual 2 night trip to see my college football team play (saves me 300/night for hotel because hotels are outrageous in football season).  The GM card will get 5k a year to max the 5% and help me get a new chevy once my current one dies in 5-7 years (fingers crossed).  And the Club Carlson will allow me a few nights in Sydney for a family trip next november due to all of the points and the free extra night.  I expect to be approved for all of them, my scores are solid but I am concerned about bait and switch that US bank likes to pull with the Club Carlson, but I have the Cash+ so they must somewhat like me.  I get 2% with Priceline so it takes a lot to divert spending, but with the 2 above getting half my annual spending sees to make sense to me.

I had also considered Freedom, Chase United, Discover IT, Chase Marriott, Quicksilver, SPG, IHG card, Sallie Mae, and others but I think my reasons for getting these 3 cards is sound.  But a second or third set of eyes would be wonderful.

Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: App Spree Tomorrow, LF an extra set of eyes.

@pkosheta wrote:

Citi Hilton Reserve

The new Cap1 GM card

Club Carlson Premier

I put just under 30k on cards every year, 20k is rent for my roommate and I. (The rental company doesnt charge any fees so I pay w/ CC and he writes me a check!)  The hilton will receive 10-15k spend a year to get the free night and earn me enough points for my annual 2 night trip to see my college football team play (saves me 300/night for hotel because hotels are outrageous in football season).  The GM card will get 5k a year to max the 5% and help me get a new chevy once my current one dies in 5-7 years (fingers crossed).  And the Club Carlson will allow me a few nights in Sydney for a family trip next november due to all of the points and the free extra night.  I expect to be approved for all of them, my scores are solid but I am concerned about bait and switch that US bank likes to pull with the Club Carlson, but I have the Cash+ so they must somewhat like me.  I get 2% with Priceline so it takes a lot to divert spending, but with the 2 above getting half my annual spending sees to make sense to me.

I had also considered Freedom, Chase United, Discover IT, Chase Marriott, Quicksilver, SPG, IHG card, Sallie Mae, and others but I think my reasons for getting these 3 cards is sound.  But a second or third set of eyes would be wonderful.

If you are concerned about the bait and switch with the Club Carlson I have an easy remedy for you: Apply for the business version. There is no downgrade so it's approve or deny. It's exactly the same as the personal one with a lower AF!

Message 2 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pkosheta wrote:

Citi Hilton Reserve

The new Cap1 GM card

Club Carlson Premier

Looks good 

But questions from the extra pair of eyes Lol

INQ's, on each CB and total within the last year?

Scores 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 4
pkosheta
Contributor

only 1 inq and 1 new card 6 months ago, So I am hoping that will help.

I decided to also pull for Better Balance Rewards tomorrow since $100/year is pretty sweet.  its essentially a low, but recurring signup bonus.

Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.