cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree results - Info for credit searchers - you'll find it interesting with varied results

tag
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: App Spree results - Info for credit searchers - you'll find it interesting with varied results

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Watchmann wrote:

john, when I hit 760 it will still not be good enough for them!  Smiley Sad

Amex does not approve on score alone.  They look at other aspects of your credit file.  FICO score is only a piece of the approval process.  One person with 760 may get approved, and another won't.  The days of credit granters relying solely on FICO are long, long gone.

Thank you for contributing gravitas to my otherwise tounge-in-cheek post.

Glad to help.  But with all the phobia and hysteria around here centering on AMEX you never know when posters are serious or not.
Message 11 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: App Spree results - Info for credit searchers - you'll find it interesting with varied results

I've seen indications that AmEx doesn't even use FICO scores, but instead use the data on EX reports to crank through their own home-grown scoring system.

If this is true, it would certainly explain why some with FICO scores in the 740's and 760's got declined --the FICO scores were never even looked at.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

They use some type of internally generated Risk score. Their practices have their origins in a time preceding the mass acceptance of FICO scoring. (For better or worse.)
Message 13 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I've seen indications that AmEx doesn't even use FICO scores, but instead use the data on EX reports to crank through their own home-grown scoring system.

If this is true, it would certainly explain why some with FICO scores in the 740's and 760's got declined --the FICO scores were never even looked at.

+1  AMEX CSR told methey do not use FICO scores.  AMEX get its data from EX, and uses it own inhouse scoring model.  AMEX is good with recon.  Its scoring model is apparently too strict.

Message 14 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Their scoring model is a bear!
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their scoring model is a bear!

I agree..

After my app when I called in to spoke to CSR and supervisor and new accts recon dept (somehow after staying on the phone for an hour and a few transfers) - they did confirm they dont use FICO and they use EX to run through their risk scoring system so yeah it is very strict - the csr even agreed - lol... anyways I sent them a letter challenging their incorrect inconsistencies with their reasons of denial with a 22 page exprian report and a letter with a fax sheet - lets see - like I said they have pissed me off soo much that it will most probably be given an immediate time out with its blue cash sibling in the sock drawer.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

MyAddictFico:

Yeah I agree with you about Chase. I wont ever apply for Chase again as always denied

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.