Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App'd for a Discover IT with BT and this is what I got

tag
parttime
Established Member

App'd for a Discover IT with BT and this is what I got

I apped for a Disoverc IT today with the intentions of doing a BT. And I got the 5-7 day messae. The  last time I apped for it I was denied and it almost seems as if it was a instant denial. Since the last app I have got the baddies removed that they said was the reasoning for the denial. This time I also got a reference number, just wondering if i might have been approved and the system automatically gives the 5-7 day notice so the BT items can be maually reviewed? Any body have any experience with this

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Re: App'd for a Discover IT with BT and this is what I got

I'd call them. I didn't do with balance transfer but i did get the 5-7 day message but I called & got approved. So if i were you just find out what's going on.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 2 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Call them, you won't know until you call. Smiley Happy Best of luck!
Message 3 of 9
asulaw
Established Member

Totally call them. People get approved for Discover in the 600's sometimes. Do you have more info on your CR? How many cards do you have etc? That could help us on knowing what you might expect.

It sounds like you might just have a high utilization and trying to open new credit with a high utilization can be hard for instant approvals.

Anyways in the meantime definitely call them, they are super nice and are a favorite to most.

Wells Fargo Student - $2,300 / Discover It - $2,000 / Chase Slate - $1,500 / Marriott Premier Rewards - $5,000 / Citi ThankYou Preferred - $2,000 / AMEX TrueEarnings - $1,200 / Target RedCard - $300

Total CL: $14,300
Util: 28%
Message 4 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Definitely call!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 9
parttime
Established Member

I called this am and had to speak to a Sr Credit An. and they had to verify a few things and then she put me on hold and came back with an approval and gave me the rate which isnt bad, 14 months 0% promo for purchases and bt with a 3% fee. Was approved for $6500 and 13.9% she also said that I was elegible for a CLI in 3 months since I done a BT.Only BT'd $2500 However I took hard pulls on Eq. and Ex.

Message 6 of 9
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 7 of 9
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@parttime wrote:

I called this am and had to speak to a Sr Credit An. and they had to verify a few things and then she put me on hold and came back with an approval and gave me the rate which isnt bad, 14 months 0% promo for purchases and bt with a 3% fee. Was approved for $6500 and 13.9% she also said that I was elegible for a CLI in 3 months since I done a BT.Only BT'd $2500 However I took hard pulls on Eq. and Ex.

That's very, very good for initial terms and CL on Discover! Congrats, parttime.

Message 8 of 9
parttime
Established Member

Thx, I have been wanting this card for a while and i finally got it.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.