Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App'd with BofA online - approved - still haven't heard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App'd with BofA online - approved - still haven't heard

App'd with BofA online (after being pre-approved on the online site), about July 8th.  Said "Congratulations, you have been approved for a $4,000 CL."

Haven't heard anything yet - and no inquiries are showing.

Is this normal?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App'd with BofA online - approved - still haven't heard

What did the approval message say about time till you receive card?

I'd probably call if you don't hear/see anything in the next couple days.  BoA told me once when I PC'd my Plat Plus Visa to Reward Visa that it could take up to 3 weeks to get new card....but I had it in a week or so.

Message 2 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: App'd with BofA online - approved - still haven't heard

Typically BOA has been slow in sending the cards to me. My card took about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks by the time I got it after it is approved. I might take couple of days to kick into their support system. Give them a call and talk to them. They are pretty good about it.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App'd with Boa online - approved - still haven't heard

As far as I know boa is fast with new accounts you might get your card in 5 to 7 days ....PCs are completely the opposite they are very slow it takes weeks and weeks in my case 4 weeks and till now no card yet I called'em yesterday was told it was mailed Friday ...i did a PC to their AMEX acc cash rewards..

BOA bites ! pay attention to how you treat their cards !

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry dudes - what's a pc?  don't see it in the abbreviations.  guess I'm not cool Smiley Wink.  I know I'll be embarrassed when you tell me - like I should have figured it out.......but the brain cell is not clickin'

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC = Product Change

sorry I just noticed that you applied on the 8th !!!! I would call them to make sure usually when u apply with boa you get a hard inq instantly on experian,That's strange !

Message 6 of 12
pattycake
Established Contributor

@utah2009 wrote:

sorry dudes - what's a pc?  don't see it in the abbreviations.  guess I'm not cool Smiley Wink.  I know I'll be embarrassed when you tell me - like I should have figured it out.......but the brain cell is not clickin'

PC is product change, such as going from a Chase Disney to a Chase Freedom card.  
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh, now I'm enlightened!!!  This is one of the side effects of not using cc's much in my earlier life.  Not savvy to many cc issues.  like pc'ing.  Ah, well, it's a new life--So many things to learn.  We'll give them a call and see what's up.  The screen died shortly after the "You have been approved -- $4,000 CL" message.  Hope it still stands.  Thanks!!!
Message 8 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You could always call and ask. No harm can come from that.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  It's all good - just darn s-l-o-w.

App'd on 7/8.  Called in today and found it was approved on 7/9, but the card may take up to 30 days to arrive.  I'd love that guy to arrive sometime this week - so fingers are crossed. I had assumed there was no inquiry because DH had not received a ScoreWatch Alert.  When I pulled myFico EQ report, the inquiry does show up as FIA CSNA on 7/9/09.  That's the first time I have not received a ScoreWatch Alert when I was expecting one - guess nothing's 100%.  Thanks concorduser, txjohn & boamacy (name!!!) for keeping me patient.

That's the last of the new cards - now we can sit back, drink lemonade, let them age, and in a few cases check in for CLI's as the months roll along.  DH has gone from $500 to $38,400 and I have gone from $500 to $4,100 CL's in the last month or so.  (DH has a very nice 776 EQ score).  Very nice for newbie rebuilders - we're less than six months after Ch13 discharge - thanks you guys rock!

Message Edited by beamMEup on 07-28-2009 12:07 AM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.