cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App. for Chase Freedom and got a Signature...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App. for Chase Freedom and got a Signature...

UpUpUp wrote:
I think I'll see how quickly the rewards add up this year.  I don't mind a $30 fee, that's not too horrible. I kind of like the flexibility. Thanks so much for the information!  I also noticed that this card gives you 3% rewards back on your top 6 categories, instead of just 3!  That's cool.

You're very welcome!   See what happens over the next 12 months.  The Freedom Plus card might work out very nicely for you! 
Message 31 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also just received my Freedom card and low and behold, it's the sig. card...  Oh well - I did as a couple others have and called the customer service number on the back of the card (800.524.3880) asking to change to a non-sig card...  The rep had no problem and told me I could start using my initial card tomorrow under the new points structure (I asked for the non-sig plus card), then once I get my new card it will automatically deactivate this one that I originally received.

Thanks for the advice...
Message 32 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

forrestfico wrote:
I also just received my Freedom card and low and behold, it's the sig. card...  Oh well - I did as a couple others have and called the customer service number on the back of the card (800.524.3880) asking to change to a non-sig card...  The rep had no problem and told me I could start using my initial card tomorrow under the new points structure (I asked for the non-sig plus card), then once I get my new card it will automatically deactivate this one that I originally received.

Thanks for the advice...

Surprise, surprise!  I really don't know why they keep doing that! Congrats!  What kind of CL did they give ya?
Message 33 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Up...

My CL is 7k...  Which blew me away considering I only have 3 CC's all from 9 mos. ago - 200 Target, 1000 Wamu and 1100 Hooters!!!  My BK7 just fell off my reports so I felt like I could try for something better and to my suprise - Chase came through...

On a side note - I felt good today since I received my Chase card and went for a Discover More card since they're offering the $100 Cashback Bonus if you spend $250 within the first 3 months.  To my surprise instant approval - see below...  don't know the CL yet but I'm just happy to get some prime LUV...

Discover® Card Date Submitted: 8/13/2008

Congratulations! You have been approved for a Discover® Card. Your card will be mailed to you shortly to the address provided on your application. Once you receive your card, be sure to visit Discovercard.com to manage your account online.

Your application was decisioned on
8/13/2008.
Message 34 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Up...
My CL is 7k... Which blew me away considering I only have 3 CC's all from 9 mos. ago - 200 Target, 1000 Wamu and 1100 Hooters!!! My BK7 just fell off my reports so I felt like I could try for something better and to my suprise - Chase came through...
On a side note - I felt good today since I received my Chase card and went for a Discover More card since they're offering the $100 Cashback Bonus if you spend $250 within the first 3 months. To my surprise instant approval - see below... don't know the CL yet but I'm just happy to get some prime LUV...

Congratulations! You have been approved for a Discover® Card. Your card will be mailed to you shortly to the address provided on your application. Once you receive your card, be sure to visit Discovercard.com to manage your account online.

8/13/2008.

Congrats on both Forrestfico!
Message 35 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks miahmarie!!!
Message 36 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

forrestfico wrote:
Thanks Up...

My CL is 7k...  Which blew me away considering I only have 3 CC's all from 9 mos. ago - 200 Target, 1000 Wamu and 1100 Hooters!!!  My BK7 just fell off my reports so I felt like I could try for something better and to my suprise - Chase came through...

On a side note - I felt good today since I received my Chase card and went for a Discover More card since they're offering the $100 Cashback Bonus if you spend $250 within the first 3 months.  To my surprise instant approval - see below...  don't know the CL yet but I'm just happy to get some prime LUV...

8/13/2008.

Holy Crap. That's awesome! Congrats to you!!! It must feel so good to have that BK off and be able to obtain these awesome cards. Congrats on Discover, too!  I just got my Discover More last month, I wasn't aware of the $100 cashback bonus. Was that a special link to sign up with? I wonder if I'll get it, or if you had to do something special. I've put well over $250 through it already, so we'll see. I got the same message and had the card in exactly a week! Woo hoo.Congrats again!
Message 37 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again UP - it feels really good to be in the "prime"...  I do believe there is a special invitation code that you have to enter when you apply.  I don't think they'll automatically give you the credit.  You may want to call in and ask them when you get the credit - you know act like you already gave them the invitation code when you app'd - maybe they'll give you the $100 bonuscash credit, after the fact?!?!? 

This is one of the offers if approved by 8/18 - check this link out!!!  Good luck!!!

http://ibankdesign.com/board/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=222
Message 38 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  For some reason I feel like I did enter in some code when I applied, but I don't know where I got it from or what it was for.
Message 39 of 48
sh9730
Regular Contributor

Ok, SO just so I ve got this exactly right....I just got my Chase Freedom card....no plus on it and no "signature on it".....no annual fee....so just to make sure, I ve got the plain old "not only doesnt HURT your utils, but actually HELPS your utils" Chase credit card...right?

Thats what I wanted....

Oh 7K initial CL for me too....probably trying to beat my Discover limit of 6K.
Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.