cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App. for Chase Freedom and got a Signature...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App. for Chase Freedom and got a Signature...

Wow. You guys are rockin with the CL's!  If it doesn't say signature on the card or any of the account material they mailed you, than you probably have the standard Freedom card. Mine does actually say Plus on the card, so I think you would know if it was a plus. I am LOVING this card. So far, nearly $150 in rewards racked up already!  Can't wait to make it to $200 so I can cash in for the bonus and get a check for $250!
Message 41 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be a bit mad with Chase if I was approved for the card I applied for and they sent a different one. Thats not cool, especially if I wanted the one with the USA Hockey Logo and got the regular card.  
Message 42 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not even the logo that was different, it's the entire account that would have been different. I was annoyed at first, but I LOVE my Freedom Plus card. Love, love it.

Pappy214 wrote:
I would be a bit mad with Chase if I was approved for the card I applied for and they sent a different one. Thats not cool, especially if I wanted the one with the USA Hockey Logo and got the regular card.  

Message 43 of 48
sh9730
Regular Contributor

OK, thanks....Im pretty sure I got the plain ol Freedom...I got confused because I actually bit on this application via a "pre-approved" spam message when I signed into my bank account (already have checking and mortgage with Chase) and to be honest I didnt pay toooo close of attention to what kind of card I got....then about 2 days later in US mail I got a pre-approval letter for the "Visa Platinum", which doesnt look like as nice of a card....so I think Im ok...

I ll know for sure when I see how this reports....anyone know how long Chase takes to report the new account to the CRAs?   It took forever for my mortgage, but that is pretty normal.  Im hoping fairly quickly as this is my last card for awhile and I want to pull my scores after this one reports and my utils are accurate....this will be my "low" (but not that low) score point for awhile so it will be a good reference point as I pay down some of these balances between now and tax time....

Spent too much on stuff for the new house!!

Thanks.
Message 44 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a Chase card, but I have a Wells Fargo Visa Signature card. This one actually reports a limit on those credit reports that I have seen (Experian, Equifax). I think that's still the limit I had before they switched out my old Platinum for the Signature.
Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it reported quickly. I don't remember how long, but maybe a few weeks...or less.
If you have a banking relationship with Chase, I think you can get up to 5 spending categories instead of 3 like the plain Freedom normally is.  That's awesome. More 3% rewards!

sh9730 wrote:
OK, thanks....Im pretty sure I got the plain ol Freedom...I got confused because I actually bit on this application via a "pre-approved" spam message when I signed into my bank account (already have checking and mortgage with Chase) and to be honest I didnt pay toooo close of attention to what kind of card I got....then about 2 days later in US mail I got a pre-approval letter for the "Visa Platinum", which doesnt look like as nice of a card....so I think Im ok...

I ll know for sure when I see how this reports....anyone know how long Chase takes to report the new account to the CRAs?   It took forever for my mortgage, but that is pretty normal.  Im hoping fairly quickly as this is my last card for awhile and I want to pull my scores after this one reports and my utils are accurate....this will be my "low" (but not that low) score point for awhile so it will be a good reference point as I pay down some of these balances between now and tax time....

Spent too much on stuff for the new house!!

Thanks.

Message 46 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does Chase choose what card to send you? If say you apply for their Disney Visa, could they in theory send you the Mexican Soccer Team Visa, or just a regular Chase Visa? I am still not sure that is cool...
Message 47 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I think those are really different. These cards are all considered "Freedom" cards. I believe there is the regular Freedom, Freedom Plus and Freedom Signature.

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.