cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App. for Chase Freedom and got a Signature...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App. for Chase Freedom and got a Signature...

Rec'd my Chase Freedom Card today after being approved on 6/3. However....they sent me a Chase Freedom Signature card, even after saying 2 times during the application process that I was only interested in the non-signature card, because of the way the signature card is reported.

I called today and spoke to CSR that switched me over to the non-signature card without any hassle. I made her tell me 3 times that this would not result in my credit reports winding up with TWO new accounts and she assured me it would not. Though, I'm worried.

Is there anything else I should do to prevent this from happening?

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App. for Chase Freedom and got a Signature...

No worries I did this same thing with Chase Freedom at activation and it went fine.
Message 2 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thanks for the reassurance, I really appreciate it. I know everyone hear understands that awful gut feeling you get when you think all your hardwork is about to go down the drain - especially when it's not YOUR own fault! Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh....one more question, did they reissue your card when they made your switch? She said to cut up the card and wait for the new. Just want to be sure it's the same scenario. Thanks for quicking coming to the aid of my paranoia!!
Message 4 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they sent another card without the words signature on it and I think it was a slightly different color.
Message 5 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, thank you! 
Message 6 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a note; Online both cards showup with different numbers, everything else the same.
Message 7 of 48
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Rec'd my Chase Freedom Card today after being approved on 6/3. However....they sent me a Chase Freedom Signature card, even after saying 2 times during the application process that I was only interested in the non-signature card, because of the way the signature card is reported.
I called today and spoke to CSR that switched me over to the non-signature card without any hassle. I made her tell me 3 times that this would not result in my credit reports winding up with TWO new accounts and she assured me it would not. Though, I'm worried.
Is there anything else I should do to prevent this from happening?

This happened to me also. I had them switch it to a normal Freedom card and everything worked fine, with no problems whatsoever.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 48
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh....one more question, did they reissue your card when they made your switch? She said to cut up the card and wait for the new. Just want to be sure it's the same scenario. Thanks for quicking coming to the aid of my paranoia!!

This was also true for me. They mailed a new card, and I cut up the old one when it got here.

However, the old one still shows up when I log into the Chase website.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you tell between a Signature and a non-signature card?

I just received my new Chase Freedom card as well.  I was very worried that I would get the signature card, but I didn't find any mention of signature anywhere on the card.  Does this mean that I have the regular visa card?

Thanks!
Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.