cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App for Macy's or Lowe's today? Which one?

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Re: App for Macy's or Lowe's today? Which one?

@LS2982 wrote:
Those promos are always available. Its either 5% off whole purchase or promo financing you get to pick.

See this is why I love these boards.  I did not realize that.  I thought it was just when you opened the card.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 11 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Nope. I forgot to mention the promo financing goes by tiers on how you spend on the purchase determines the length of promo finance.

Ex. You get 18 months deferred interest for purchases $499 and above.

They are always running some kind of deal like that.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 42
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Nope. I forgot to mention the promo financing goes by tiers on how you spend on the purchase determines the length of promo finance.

Good to know, thanks.   I think I'll be going with Lowe's hoping for a good opening limit and like you said the CL increases quickly. 

We shall see what happens.    App'ing in store later today...

App Free since 2/2013
Message 13 of 42
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Good luck! Let us know how it works out! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 14 of 42
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@awdsmama wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Good to know, thanks.   I think I'll be going with Lowe's hoping for a good opening limit and like you said the CL increases quickly. 

Good luck with whatever store you decide to app for! And hey, it's actually not as scary apping in store than it seems. It's actually a lot better because we CSRs have a direct line to the credit company. We typically use the number to call in when GE needs additional security information, but it's also helpful and a lot quicker to transfer to someone from recon. Even better yet? If you do get approved through recon, then they can pull up your account information right there, as opposed to reconning from home and ho-humming until the card comes in! Score!

Though I will admit, I guess it is slightly embarrassing when a decline happens in front of an associate as opposed to sitting behind a computer.

Message 15 of 42
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@awdsmama wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Good luck with whatever store you decide to app for! And hey, it's actually not as scary apping in store than it seems. It's actually a lot better because we CSRs have a direct line to the credit company. We typically use the number to call in when GE needs additional security information, but it's also helpful and a lot quicker to transfer to someone from recon. Even better yet? If you do get approved through recon, then they can pull up your account information right there, as opposed to reconning from home and ho-humming until the card comes in! Score!

Though I will admit, I guess it is slightly embarrassing when a decline happens in front of an associate as opposed to sitting behind a computer.

Thanks for the pep talk :-)

App Free since 2/2013
Message 16 of 42
awdsmama
Established Contributor

GE hates me.  Denied for Lowe's.   Well technically got the 7-10 notice but whatever.  I asked the lady for the phone number to call and she called from the customer service center and the rep said it had been denied and that's all he knew and I'd get a letter. 

Whatever.

App Free since 2/2013
Message 17 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Wow, very sorry to hear I was looking forward to seeing a big CL from them for you. Call this # 1800-444-1408 ask to speak to an underwriter about it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 42
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Hmmm the # the rep gave me was 800-444-0430 do they go to different places?

App Free since 2/2013
Message 19 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

That one is lowes customer service. Ask for a credit analyst.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.