cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App now or wait? EX only pull for bal transfer card?

tag
travisp33
Contributor

App now or wait? EX only pull for bal transfer card?

Kind of a wierd situation. My jumbo mortage transfered to a new company last month. The prior company is reporting it closed, the new company is not reporting it at all.

So my experian file looks ok, with a 2nd mortgage (30k), boat that shows as car loan (45k, 30d 2x in 2011), student loans I have been paying on since 2002. Discover card since 2000 as AU, removed - still reporting just no balance now. One other closed account with single 30d in 8/12. Charge off from early 2012. Plus score is 717, CreditSesame is 712. Dont wanna shell out the $$ for fico unless I have too.

Currently pending a bunch of stuff. Getting added as AU on 2 cards, which haven't hit any report yet. TU and EQ both have a couple of collections and other baddies that have already fallen off of Ex. 1 pull on Ex, 0 on EQ, 4 on TU (mostly from CAs).

So do I app for something that pulls EX only right now, and try to take advantage of the non-reporting mortgage, or do I wait it out for the baddies to fall off of the other reports? If so, what?

Starting 6/13: Experian FAKOS are EX: 610 EQ: 602 TU: 582
Current 5/15: TU Fico: 724
NFCU Platinum 25k | Discover 14k | AMEX SPG 20k | TotalRewards Visa 12k | US AIrways MC 15k | Walmart 6k | Sams 3k | Lowes 2.5K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: App now or wait? EX only pull for bal transfer card?

Apply for Amex and Bank of America NOW
Message 2 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Utilization?

@travisp33 wrote:

If so, what?

Any other criteria other than "for balance transfer" and "pulls Experian"?

Message 3 of 8
travisp33
Contributor

I'm not showing any cc at the moment so no util to report. Any day now a lowes card with 1000kbal on 2400limit and an Amex with 4k bal on 24k limit, both where I just got added as au could post.

My goals are:
1. Balance transfer DW's 10k balance off to 0% for 15 months ASAP.
2. 1 auto loan now-ish to 2-3 months, another in 6 months.
3. Would like a good rewards type card to put all monthly bills on (about 5k).
NFCU Platinum 25k | Discover 14k | AMEX SPG 20k | TotalRewards Visa 12k | US AIrways MC 15k | Walmart 6k | Sams 3k | Lowes 2.5K
Message 4 of 8
travisp33
Contributor

Update, apped and denied for AMEX BCP. Called and told Ex Fico was 645 which is lower than I expected, but whatever. Denial reasons in order were Fico to low, serious delq (charge off from early 2012 im sure), lack of recent revolving, too few accounts paid as agreed. I will wait for the 2 AUs mentioned above to hit, pull fico, and try again with Amex in a few months

In the meantime, any point in trying again with anyone else? Dont want to bother with BofA since they are who my charge-off was with.

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

if you thought EX was your best and it's a 645 then no... don't apply for anything.

Message 6 of 8
travisp33
Contributor

So I finally got off my a$$ and applied for membership with NFCU. Apped for their cash rewards card and got approved for 25k @ 11.99+prime or 15% right now. Still 10% lower than discover.

I will probably do the BT, and do one of the two auto loans I need now with NFCU and garden for 6 mo while stalking any 0% balance transfer options that might pop up.

Thanks for the input!

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@travisp33 wrote:

@Anonymous I finally got off my a$$ and applied for membership with NFCU. Apped for their cash rewards card and got approved for 25k @ 11.99+prime or 15% right now. Still 10% lower than discover.

I will probably do the BT, and do one of the two auto loans I need now with NFCU and garden for 6 mo while stalking any 0% balance transfer options that might pop up.

Thanks for the input!

You missed Navy's 0% by 10 days!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.