Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App or Wait on the CSP?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

App or Wait on the CSP?

Hello all,

On October 24th, 5 of my 7 inquiries will age past the year mark. I recently got a CLI from $10,500 to $20,000 on my BCE. Will this CLI hurt my chances of getting the CSP or help? I plan to app for the CSP on 11/01/2013, so any advice or opinions will be appreciated. My stats are below. Thanks for any responses.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: App or Wait on the CSP?

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all,

On October 24th, 5 of my 7 inquiries will age past the year mark. I recently got a CLI from $10,500 to $20,000 on my BCE. Will this CLI hurt my chances of getting the CSP or help? I plan to app for the CSP on 11/01/2013, so any advice or opinions will be appreciated. My stats are below. Thanks for any responses.

If there have been no other apps for a year IMHO you should be good to go with a nice starting limit on the CSP

Good luck and happy hunting Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

You should be good to go. That CLI on AMEX should help you with inital CL if anything. Its not like AMEX HPs for CLI, so it won't even show on your CR. Good luck and keep us updated!

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 3 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Goodluck, I agree once that Amex $20k posts, will only help with your CSP starting limit. 

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

I recently got a CLI from $10,500 to $20,000 on my BCE. Will this CLI hurt my chances of getting the CSP or help?

It's really impossible to say.  Your approval isn't solely affected by the CLI on your BCE.  As always, it's your entire credit picture that matters -- not just a single variable on its own.   For one person, such a CLI could hurt.  For another, it could help.  For yet another it could make no difference.  Looking at your signature I'd guess that you'd be in good shape but that's just my opinion.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.