Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App sent: PenFed Platinum Rewards - Considering: Amex BCE

tag
toful
Established Member

Re: App sent: PenFed Platinum Rewards - Considering: Amex BCE

Hmm, I've never filled out a tax return on my own. My parents always took care of that haha umm... I've got pay stubs though!

Capital One Platinum $750 (3/11) | Macy's $2K (1/12)
Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)
Gardening since: 11/12/12

Message 21 of 31
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

After 4 years of inactive account I decided to call penfed to reopen my checking talked to a very nice csr help me with my online login then he offered me the platinum cas rewards visa I said the heck and went for it he pulled report EQ 706 fico and for some reason penfed said my fico is 769 not complaining there he said I'm approved for 20.5 k for the visa and 35k for a car loan I took the visa no docs required no income verification the next day i log in to my online loan status went from approval to transferred once the loan status change to transferred it means your golden. Csr also mentioned they will use the same pull for 90 days so I went ahead and app for the LOC and was approved for 10k also got the defender Amex card with a 10 k limit I know people say penfed us conservative but I guess after you eatablish a good relationship they will treat you right but nobody beats my boys at Navyfed lol I got over 70k limit
Message 22 of 31
toful
Established Member

Ahh, still nothing! Maybe it'll take more than just one day Smiley Sad The longer I wait, the more and more I want to apply to the BCE haha

Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)

Message 23 of 31
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@mr_postman wrote:
After 4 years of inactive account I decided to call penfed to reopen my checking talked to a very nice csr help me with my online login then he offered me the platinum cas rewards visa I said the heck and went for it he pulled report EQ 706 fico and for some reason penfed said my fico is 769 not complaining there he said I'm approved for 20.5 k for the visa and 35k for a car loan I took the visa no docs required no income verification the next day i log in to my online loan status went from approval to transferred once the loan status change to transferred it means your golden. Csr also mentioned they will use the same pull for 90 days so I went ahead and app for the LOC and was approved for 10k also got the defender Amex card with a 10 k limit I know people say penfed us conservative but I guess after you eatablish a good relationship they will treat you right but nobody beats my boys at Navyfed lol I got over 70k limit

WOW!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 24 of 31
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@toful wrote:

Ahh, still nothing! Maybe it'll take more than just one day Smiley Sad The longer I wait, the more and more I want to apply to the BCE haha

Patience!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 25 of 31
toful
Established Member

True, patience is key!

I have more info to throw in while I wait. I just did my did my free FICO, and my Equifax score is 718. Now I know my real score!!! 

And that includes the PenFed HP

Message 26 of 31
toful
Established Member

And... just applied for a BCE cause I'm tired of waiting and getting an AMEX would be nice haha. The decision was!!! .... more waiting. It's in progress. They need to verify my address and work phone number. 

I put my cell phone as my work number because noone callls me at it, nor do I even know the number haha. Do you think that'll be a problem?

Baaaah, now the waiting is doubly anxious!!!

Message 27 of 31
toful
Established Member

Hi again!  So update on the BCE:

I apped last night and they said I had to call today. So I called and they needed to verify my identity and I also had to fax in address verification. I used a cable bill. He said it would take two days to verify receiving the fax.

After the call I get an email saying there's a decision, but when I go, the status says Cancelled. Smiley Sad

Does this mean I was denied? Or will they reopen the application for me when they get the fax? He could've just told me I was denied haha, are they just trying to gather info?

Still waiting on the PenFed! But if I can't get a BCE... chances are not likely. ha. Thanks for sticking with me guys! Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 31
toful
Established Member

Now PenFed wants a signed "Guarantor Statement" from me. Faxing it in.

Anyone have any experience with this? Is this a good sign?

Message 29 of 31
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@toful wrote:

Now PenFed wants a signed "Guarantor Statement" from me. Faxing it in.

Anyone have any experience with this? Is this a good sign?

Don't have one, but they want a co-signer, can your parents do it?  I don't know if PenFed removes it later (it'd have to be in writing btw) or not. 

Do you have a copy of the form?  I can post a link (I think) for it if  you want to see it.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.