Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree -- now done!!!

tag
flyingace
Valued Member

App spree -- now done!!!

So, I apol if I'm bombarding ya'll's forums... but recently went on an app spree. Fairly new at credit with AAoA of about 2 years, and 8 accounts on my CRs, the majority of which are installment loans (car/school). In my efforts to get a better refinancing rate next year, and eventually get a car in a couple of years... decided to get some credit cards in addition to my NFCU CR card which was my first. 

So, thanks to Lexie for encouraging me to stay in garden. Ended up apping for ONE more CC, and I promised myself that's it! So, now I have the 8 prior accounts, plus my NFCU, w/ the addition of an Amazon Chase Visa with 2000 CL and today apped for the Discover It and was instantly approved for 1400 (I believe)... while it wasn't the IT 18 month terms, I still get 6 months no interest, which is a good deal. Also called and reconned Target store card, as the address on my app wasn't the same as on the CR, so they said, I'm likely to get approved, but we'll see. It won't be pretty when they all pop up on the report, though. 

My goal is to garden until next year, so that everything can age gracefully and around the same age. Maybe ask for NFCU CLI later this year after the six month mark... 

Many thanks to everyone here and the help on the forums, it's been an enormous help, as I begin to navigate the world of credit and for the future (I really haven't much help, prior to this)!! REALLY, TRULY, in the garden now, until at least later this year. 

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: App spree -- now done!!!

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@flyingace wrote:

So, I apol if I'm bombarding ya'll's forums... but recently went on an app spree. Fairly new at credit with AAoA of about 2 years, and 8 accounts on my CRs, the majority of which are installment loans (car/school). In my efforts to get a better refinancing rate next year, and eventually get a car in a couple of years... decided to get some credit cards in addition to my NFCU CR card which was my first. 

So, thanks to Lexie for encouraging me to stay in garden. Ended up apping for ONE more CC, and I promised myself that's it! So, now I have the 8 prior accounts, plus my NFCU, w/ the addition of an Amazon Chase Visa with 2000 CL and today apped for the Discover It and was instantly approved for 1400 (I believe)... while it wasn't the IT 18 month terms, I still get 6 months no interest, which is a good deal. Also called and reconned Target store card, as the address on my app wasn't the same as on the CR, so they said, I'm likely to get approved, but we'll see. It won't be pretty when they all pop up on the report, though. 

My goal is to garden until next year, so that everything can age gracefully and around the same age. Maybe ask for NFCU CLI later this year after the six month mark... 

Many thanks to everyone here and the help on the forums, it's been an enormous help, as I begin to navigate the world of credit and for the future (I really haven't much help, prior to this)!! REALLY, TRULY, in the garden now, until at least later this year. 

CONGRATS!!!

Try in 6 months for a CLI, they are SP's!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 8
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Congrats...and off to the garden with you...lol. And, do you really have a Snoopy CC Holder...Smiley Tongue? My wife has a Betty Boop one!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 8
flyingace
Valued Member

Yes, indiolatino61, I do have the Snoopy holder! I love it, it's where I carry all the important cards... of course, NFCU is top on my list Smiley Happy 

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.