cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appears Chase is doing something like Plain-it that Amex offers?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Appears Chase is doing something like Plain-it that Amex offers?

Just got this from Chase appears Chase might being doing something similiar to Amex with their plan-it feature or whatever it is called..

Important Changes to Your Account Terms
Notice: Your Cardmember Agreement and associated Rewards Program Agreement (if any) were assigned to JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as successor by merger to Chase Bank USA, N.A., on 05/18/2019. Furthermore, beginning05/18/2019 all references to Chase Bank USA, N.A. in your Guide to Benefits and any additional account agreements and documents shall be read as JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Summary of changes to your account terms effective 8/10/2019.
The description of the Minimum Payment calculation found under your Cardmember Agreement Rates and Fees Table is changing to a minimum of $35 and to include unique payment obligations in connection with Flexible Financing Offers.
We are introducing two new features, My Chase LoanSM and My Chase PlanSM, under which Flexible Financing Offers may be available to you from time to time, subject to the new rates and fees and Cardmember Agreement terms described below.
A binding arbitration provision is added and the Military Lending Act Notice is revised accordingly. YOU CAN REJECT THE BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT. YOU MUST MAIL YOUR REJECTION TO US BY 8/9/2019. PLEASE SEE THE END OF THIS NOTICE FOR INSTRUCTIONS
Details on the changes to your account, effective 8/10/2019.
1.Your Cardmember Agreement Rates and Fees Table is amended as follows:
Revised Terms as of 8/10/2019

INTEREST RATES AND INTEREST CHARGES
My Chase Loan Annual Percentage Rate (APR)18.24%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.a

Promotional offers with fixed APRs and varying durations may be available from time to time on some accounts.
Paying interestYour due date will be a minimum of 21 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on new purchases if you pay your entire balance or Interest Saving Balance by the due date each month. We will begin charging interest on balance transfers and cash advances on the transaction date.
FEES
My Chase Plan Fee (fixed finance charge)1.72% of the amount of each purchase transaction selected to create a My Chase Plan. The My Chase Plan Fee will be determined at the time each My Chase Plan is created and will remain the same until the My Chase Plan balance is paid in full.c
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THESE CHANGES

a My Chase Loan APR: We add 12.74% to the Prime Rate to determine the My Chase Loan APR. Variable APRs are based on the highest U.S. prime rate published in the Money Rates section of The Wall Street Journal two business days (not weekends or federal holidays) before your statement closing date. The U.S. prime rate is currently 5.50% as of 5/8/2019. The daily periodic rate is 0.04997%.

c My Chase Plan Fee. The My Chase Plan Fee is calculated at the time each plan is created and is based on the amount of each purchase transaction selected to create the plan, the number of billing periods you choose to pay the balance in full, and other factors. The monthly and aggregate dollar amount of your My Chase Plan Fee will be disclosed during the activation of each My Chase Plan.

2.The description of Minimum Payment found under your Cardmember Agreement Rates and Fees Table is changed to read as follows:

Minimum Payment: We will calculate the minimum payment as:
1)Any past-due amounts; PLUS
2)Any special payment obligations in connection with Flexible Financing Offers which require repayment of the balance over a pre-selected number of billing periods; PLUS
3)The larger of:
a)$35 (or total amount you owe if less than $35); or
b)The sum of:
i.1% of the new balance (excluding any Flexible Financing Offer balances which require special payment obligations to ensure repayment of the balance over a pre-selected number of billing periods), PLUS
ii.any periodic interest charges and late fees we have billed you on the statement for which your minimum payment is calculated.

3.IMPORTANT DEFINITIONS
The Important Definitions section of your Cardmember Agreement is amended to include two new terms, Interest Saving Balance and Flexible Financing Offers, as follows:
TERMWHAT IT MEANS
Interest Saving BalanceWhen you take advantage of Flexible Financing Offers, we will not charge you interest on new purchases if you pay your entire Interest Saving Balance by the due date each month.

If your Interest Saving Balance for any billing cycle is less than your minimum payment due, your Interest Saving Balance amount will reflect your minimum payment due to avoid a late fee.
Flexible Financing OffersWhen you take advantage of Flexible Financing Offers, like those available with My Chase Loan and My Chase Plan, you can pay those balances over time based on their offer terms and still avoid additional interest charges on new purchases.
4.USING YOUR CARD
We are adding My Chase Loan and My Chase Plan to your account. These are two new features under which Flexible Financing Offers may be available to you from time to time. Therefore, the Using Your Card section of your Cardmember Agreement is amended to include two new transaction types,My Chase Loan and My Chase Plan as follows:
TRANSACTIONSWHAT IT MEANS TO YOUOUR RESPONSIBILITY
My Chase LoanIf eligible, you may use the My Chase Loan feature to obtain cash as an electronic deposit into an eligible bank account held by a financial institution located in the United States by accepting a My Chase Loan offer. Each offer will include a My Chase Loan APR and the number of billing periods it will take to pay the My Chase Loanbalance in full by making regular payments each monthly billing period.

Your ability to create a My Chase Loan balance is based on a variety of factors, such as your creditworthiness, your credit limit, and your past account behavior. You will not be able to create a My Chase Loan balance if you enroll in a debt management program or if your account is closed or in default.

My Chase Loan transactions are not Cash Advances or Balance Transfers. My Chase Loan provides Flexible Financing Offers. Therefore, when you have a My Chase Loanbalance on your account, we will not charge you interest on new purchases if you pay your entire Interest Saving Balance by the due date each month.
At our discretion, we may make My Chase Loanavailable to you; we may decline aMy Chase Loantransaction for any reason.
My Chase PlanIf eligible, you may use the My Chase Plan feature through Chase.com or the Chase Mobile App to create, from recent eligible purchase transactions, a My Chase Plan balance with set repayment terms, subject to the My Chase PlanFee. From the available offers, you select how many billing periods it will take to pay the My Chase Planbalance in full by making regular payments each monthly billing period. For each billing period during which there is a balance in the My Chase Plan, you will be charged the My Chase Plan Fee, rather than interest under the Purchase APR.

An eligible purchase transaction for My Chase Plan is a purchase of at least a specified dollar amount but may not include certain purchase transactions, such as cash-like transactions and any fee owed to us, including Annual Membership Fees. Cash advance, balance transfer and My Chase Loantransactions are not eligible for My Chase Plan.

Your ability to create a My Chase Plan balance is based on a variety of factors, such as your creditworthiness, your credit limit, and your account behavior. You will not be able to create a My Chase Plan balance if you enroll in a debt management program or if your account is closed or in default.

When you have a My Chase Planbalance on your account, we will not charge you interest on new purchases if you pay your entire Interest Saving Balance by the due date each month.
At our discretion, we may make My Chase Planavailable to you; we may decline aMy Chase Plantransaction for any reason.
5.PAYING US BACK
The second bullet under "What it Means to You" for the Interest-Free Period on Purchases within the Paying Us Back section of your Cardmember Agreement is amended to include a reference to Interest Saving Balance, as follows:
Your account is in an interest-free period when you pay your New Balance or Interest Saving Balance, as shown on your statement, every month by the due date and time. During this period, you will not pay interest on new purchases.
The "What it Means to You" column for Payment Allocation under the Paying Us Back section of your Cardmember Agreement is amended in its entirety to read as follows:
When you make a payment, generally, we first apply your minimum payment to the monthly obligation for any Flexible Financing Offer balances with special payment obligations which require repayment of the balance over a pre-selected number of billing periods, and then to the balance on your monthly statement with the lowest APR.
Any payment above your minimum payment would generally then be applied to the balance on your monthly statement with the highest APR first.
If you do not pay your New Balance or Interest Saving Balance, as shown on your statement, in full each month, you may not be able to avoid interest charges on new purchases.

6.ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP
The About Our Relationship section of your Cardmember Agreement is amended to include a new section titled Binding Arbitration as follows:

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Appears Chase is doing something like Plain-it that Amex offers?

It would make sense from a competitive standpoint. It's a nice feature, although can't say I've ever had a reason to use it.

Message 2 of 38
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Got an email for the Amazon card with all that info and I was wondering what it was. Before I read the entire email, I thought it was regarding financing for Amazon purchases like the store card, but nope. 

Message 3 of 38
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity  Which card did you get this on? 

Message 4 of 38
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting, though, at 18%+ I would pass.
Message 5 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@CreditCuriosity  Which card did you get this on? 

This it is my CSR based on the 18.x

edit nope it is my IHG thus far.. Whether I get it for other cards ?  

Message 6 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:
Interesting, though, at 18%+ I would pass.

Two different plans the 18%.x i believe is for cash and the 1.x% is the plan-it feature.. Two features they appear to be rolling out.  I had the best APR on my CSR as well I believe I think the 18.x% apr is my normal apr if I recall

Message 7 of 38
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

What Chase needs to realize is that, if we’re going to use this new feature, we need to be able to GET Chase cards lol. Just kidding, just kidding. This is not a bad idea seeing as many people value this feature in Amex. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 38
Remedios
Credit Mentor

The one potential issue I see with this is same as with Amex which is change in the amount of  minimum payment due that's reported. 

Message 9 of 38
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

The one potential issue I see with this is same as with Amex which is change in the amount of  minimum payment due that's reported. 

The minimum payment aspect won't change one's score, but it could significantly add to one's DTI.

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.