cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apped Walmart over a week ago - Still under review!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apped Walmart over a week ago - Still under review!

So I apped Walmart and got the 7-10 day message over  a week ago.  I havent heard anything since then, so I called today to find out the status.  The CSR said the application was under a manual review and it could take up to 30 days for a decision.  I was like wow, for a Walmart card?!?  Is this typical?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apped Walmart over a week ago - Still under review!

I called yesterday to find out what was going on because I figured they should have made a decision by now.  The CSR says that they cant find my application and that I would have to apply again.  I give up.....
Message 2 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I called yesterday to find out what was going on because I figured they should have made a decision by now.  The CSR says that they cant find my application and that I would have to apply again.  I give up.....

Do not apply again.   If you got the 7-10 day message they received it.  That would be another ding to your FICO score if you submit another app.    

Message 3 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I apped Walmart and got the 7-10 day message over  a week ago.  I havent heard anything since then, so I called today to find out the status.  The CSR said the application was under a manual review and it could take up to 30 days for a decision.  I was like wow, for a Walmart card?!?  Is this typical?

Getting approved for a Wal-Mart card or Wal-Mart endorsed Discover card is like getting approved for an AMEX.  Wal-Mart is a major company.  The value of its cards is just as good as an AMEX Costco.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply DI.

I'm not going to app again.  I think I'm just going to let what I have age and try again next year.

Message 5 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply DI.

I'm not going to app again.  I think I'm just going to let what I have age and try again next year.

Welcome.  If you don't already have a Discover More card- next time you app, you would be better off apping for that card.  Good luck!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.