Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping For Synchrony Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apping For Synchrony Cards

I was approved for three Synhcrony cards back in December of last year. There's one more I want. How long should I wait before I apply with them again? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apping For Synchrony Cards

Just say no to Synchrony. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't for a while. Synch is known for closing accounts randomly
Message 3 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If you got 3 cards just this past month, i would definitely consider at least giving it 6 months just to give yourself alittle breathing room. 4 in less than a month or month and half is playing with fire with Synchrony. If its something you really want , a couple months wont hurt but thats just my opinion. Read up on the Sync saga of 2016, and take from it what you may. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Humu, i hope you dont have the picket signs already printed upSmiley Wink Whats next, tshirtsSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good is subjective here but i enjoy what i have at the moment. High aprs are the norm but Sync has lot of the good stores people like to shop . As much as we do harp on the craziness of Sync, they arent the boogeyman......Barclays isSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I have picket sgns already made up for both Barclays and Synchrony

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 7 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

^^^ That's why you PIF your monthly statements. That turns 25% into 0%.
I have four synchrony cards. I haven't paid a dime in interest. I look at all my cards as 0%.
Message 8 of 12
Gmood1
Super Contributor

You only use your card for which you can pay for today in cash. That will keep you out of trouble. The trouble begins when you start purchasing things you can't afford on your CCs. Use your CCs like a debit card.

Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

This is great advice from Gmood. I dont make a ton of money so i make sure to try to only buy things i feel i can pay at end of month. This is good way to establish good credit habits and good payment history. This is my second chance at credit and im gonna work it for all its worthSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.