Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping for AMEX

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Apping for AMEX

That's just stupid that it was 700 for gold card and higher for platinum it's been given multiple times that does all have the exact same criteria!!
The Amex issues are complicated by pages and pages of debate before someone actually applies and then the approvals are stuck at the end of pages of debate that new people just remember the stuff before the approvals and post those stories over again and then we have more bad information out!
Message 11 of 15
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
That's just stupid that it was 700 for gold card and higher for platinum it's been given multiple times that does all have the exact same criteria!!
The Amex issues are complicated by pages and pages of debate before someone actually applies and then the approvals are stuck at the end of pages of debate that new people just remember the stuff before the approvals and post those stories over again and then we have more bad information out!

Thats what I thought. Do you think I have any chance at all with my lates they are on a student loan not a credit card. I have paid on time everytime for my credit cards. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 12 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Thats what I thought. Do you think I have any chance at all with my lates they are on a student loan not a credit card. I have paid on time everytime for my credit cards. 

i would be more concerned about the limited credit you appear to have based on signature than lates on the student loans.... so the combination possibly... but I tend to lean towards if you have a benefit for something you are better off taking an INQ and being denied then missing out on a card that benefits you because you don't want to risk that inq... INQ are really only important when time to think about mortgages within the year... otherwise for credit cards not that big of a deal.

Message 13 of 15
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Thats the thing. I'm thinking mortgage Feb 2015 so it's like now or never. Do I need the Amex not at all lol. Have I always wanted an Amex yes! Working in retail for 7 years makes you want one that much more lol. Do u think the special offers that I got 50k points for first 1k I'm spending is a good deal?

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 14 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

Thats the thing. I'm thinking mortgage Feb 2015 so it's like now or never. Do I need the Amex not at all lol. Have I always wanted an Amex yes! Working in retail for 7 years makes you want one that much more lol. Do u think the special offers that I got 50k points for first 1k I'm spending is a good deal?

I don't keep up with the bonus offers that well for amex because I'm not looking for myself but sounds about right.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.