Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping for NFCU cc today...

tag
miltolam
Valued Member

Apping for NFCU cc today...

When I get home from work, I'm going to apply for a NFCU line of credit. I've held out for a lil bit in order for my EQ and TU scores to go up a few point. This is my credit picture right now:

EQ 660, TU 649, I have a Cap1 cc $20 balance/$750 CL, Orchard Bank cc $49 balance/$420 CL (had both cc since Sept '11, always on time and under %20 utilization)
Filed Chapt 7 in May '11/discharged August 15th '11. No baddies other than BK and 6 accounts associated with it. 4 inquiries since 9/2011. Income: 73k, Credit History: 17 years.

Based on this information and your experiences, can anyone give a prediction on what my outcome will be. Also, which card(s) should I apply for and would I have better luck calling it in or doing it online? Thanks in advance everyone, you all have been very helpful.

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apping for NFCU cc today...

Hope all goes well.

If you get a "review" message after apping, remember that recon works wonders.

Message 2 of 45
gettnthere
Established Contributor

GoodLuck! NFCU is awesome!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 45
miltolam
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope all goes well.

If you get a "review" message after apping, remember that recon works wonders.

@lupiin, I just called. The lady said my app has been submitted and will be reviewed...3-5 biz day but call anytime for status.

Message 4 of 45
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Good luck! Keep us posted.
Message 5 of 45
miltolam
Valued Member

@Everyone...In the event that the outcome is not in my favor. How do you request a "recon" and what does that process entails???

Message 6 of 45
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

They don't do recons. You can't call and speak directly to an underwriter. If you got the 3-5 day message that means it got forwarded to underwriting and an actual human will review it and make a decision. In the event you are denied I would recommended you start a secured card with them then build a relationship with them then re apply in 6-12 mos
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 7 of 45
Mellon
Established Contributor

They do recons. When I was initially denied last year. I sent them a message online and attached my pay stubs. Within an hour I was approved for 2k. Now my cashrewards is 10K.

Message 8 of 45
miltolam
Valued Member

@Mellon wrote:

They do recons. When I was initially denied last year. I sent them a message online and attached my pay stubs. Within an hour I was approved for 2k. Now my cashrewards is 10K.

@Mellon, in the event I get denied, how should I go about doing a recon? I want to prepare now just in case. I got a very strong feeling that I will get the nod but I'm scared of the unknown, LOL.

Message 9 of 45
Mellon
Established Contributor

shoot them a message (via the online message center) explain why you want the card and attached pay statements. It worked for me

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.