cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apping for two AMEX cards at the same time?

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Apping for two AMEX cards at the same time?

I want to apply for AMEX Delta Skymiles and the AMEX BCE, and I am planning on doing so on the same day sometime next month.

Hypothetically, if I am approved for one (Delta) will they use the same pull for the AMEX BCE, or will that be a separate inquiry and count as two hard pulls?

Does it matter if I app on the website or over the phone?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Apping for two AMEX cards at the same time?

@Dw4250 wrote:

I want to apply for AMEX Delta Skymiles and the AMEX BCE, and I am planning on doing so on the same day sometime next month.

Hypothetically, if I am approved for one (Delta) will they use the same pull for the AMEX BCE, or will that be a separate inquiry and count as two hard pulls?

Worked for me 2 cards 1 HP same day online....YMMV

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 20
tornadoguy
Regular Contributor

Same here - 2 Cards, 1 HP online (I went for it at MJ) - goodluck if you go for it.

CK TU FAKO - 762, TU FICO - 781, EX Fako 734, EX FICO 764 - 3/29/2014
INQ: TU 4, EX 8, EQ 1 |
AMEX PRG (01/11), AMEX BCE (01/11): $2.5k, AMEX EDP (3/11): $6k Chase Freedom(07/13): $2k,
Barclay Arrival+ WMC (3/14): $6.3k, Barclays US Air MC (9/14): $2.5k, CSP (9/14): 12k
Message 3 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@tornadoguy wrote:

Same here - 2 Cards, 1 HP online (I went for it at MJ) - goodluck if you go for it.

Lol

Yes you did I ran you out the garden to app again so you could get your 2 for 1 deal

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 20
tornadoguy
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@tornadoguy wrote:

Lol

Yes you did I ran you out the garden to app again so you could get your 2 for 1 deal

It was definitely at gunpoint Smiley Very Happy And the resultant backdate made my scores go up, and meant I got an AAoA increase Smiley Wink. Definitely worth trying to get the two for 1 though, while if you can't backdate it will hurt your AAoA, it should help with ageing inqs together. 

CK TU FAKO - 762, TU FICO - 781, EX Fako 734, EX FICO 764 - 3/29/2014
INQ: TU 4, EX 8, EQ 1 |
AMEX PRG (01/11), AMEX BCE (01/11): $2.5k, AMEX EDP (3/11): $6k Chase Freedom(07/13): $2k,
Barclay Arrival+ WMC (3/14): $6.3k, Barclays US Air MC (9/14): $2.5k, CSP (9/14): 12k
Message 5 of 20
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Sounds great...thanks!  And they pull EX (FICO 08?) most of the time, correct?  Hope so b/c that's my best score currently...

Message 6 of 20
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Worked for me! One HP(technically 3, due to my thin file, amex gave each buereau a Hard Pull!)  for 2 cards( GREEN BCP) same day!

LoL!

Message 7 of 20
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Thanks David. Do you remember what your scores were at the time?

Message 8 of 20
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

Thanks David. Do you remember what your scores were at the time?

No score, I only got less than 1 month credit history. Only with 1 freedom reported on my reports. I applied the day when freedom got on my EX .

Message 9 of 20
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

It should only be one HP...the best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.