Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Barclay Recon Approval!

tag
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Apple Barclay Recon Approval!

I applied for the apple barclays financing card back in december and failed to recon, applied today denied again but called backdoor and spoke with credit analyst and approved me for $1000 but then called back again because of problems with apple associate not being to charge my purchase, first csr didnt know what he was doing he transferred me to credit analyst for no reason and asked me the same questions the first person did and then said ok your approved for $1500 and i said "but wasnt i approved already for $1000?" then he looked and then said "yes but i will raise it to $1500" I said "sweet thank you" then hung up then apple representative called with their phone to confirm my info and give them the account information to charge the purchase and it worked, i got a cli to $1500 mistakenly lol. my stats are 665 TU FAKO CK score, 19 inquiries, aaoa 9 months oldest account 1 year 10 months, no baddies whatsoever and 18% uti and just paid down balances on 0% interest financing store cards down to 8% uti. Got approved almost 2 weeks ago for Amazon.com Chase Visa for $400. They also questioned my recently opened accounts but I opened them for 0% interest offers and sales discounts, I didnt really need it.

amazon
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Barclay Recon Approval!

Congrats, but 19 inquiries... holy cow. No more credit apping for a while man!

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I don't think it was by mistake.  What was the cost of your purchase?  This is pretty common when applying at the time of purchase with some issuers, but I can't speak specifically to Apple or Barclay's.  My HH Gregg card got a bump from 1300 to 1700 when I tried to purchase $1200 worth of junk that I didn't need.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

well they didnt know what my total purchase was before they told me I was approved for $1500, I put down $1000 I already had and financed $1282 for the Macbook Pro 15 inch model

amazon
Message 4 of 7
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

yeah no more stuff for at least a year cuz I know people have had their barclays accounts closed for even having a new account opened or new inquiries within 6 months of the account being opened

amazon
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

which backdoor number did you call?

Message 6 of 7
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

866-408-4064

amazon
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.