Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Barclays Approved!!

tag
iainlbc
Valued Member

Apple Barclays Approved!!

Woohooo!

First off thank you myFico community for making this journey fun and teaching me a TON (alot more to learn ofcourse) about credit and FIco scoring. It is an addicting beast, but it is more productive/rewarding than my previous addictions (video games)

I just applied online @apple.com and was approved for $1290 CL. I called the backdoor number and stated I want to buy a MacBook pro for $1940 OTD. The customer care rep connected me to the credit department who gave me a CLI to $2,000 after identity/income verification (completed over the phone). Both reps I spoke too were very well spoken and courteous, a blessing coming from a FirstPremier/Orchard background (great for what they do, rebuilding, cant wait to kick them tot he curb though)

I applied after seeing people with scores in my range 645-665 (and lower, 614 got $2500 here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Approved-Apple-Barclays-Card-2500-Credit-Line/td-p/9257...) got approved within the last couple months.

My scores at time of applying are: TU 661, EQ 650

I have ~40% utilization at time of applying with the following balances & trade lines:

OrhcardBank Secured $200, $80 balance

First Premier Bank $300, $125

10 days ago I applied for a Capital One plat (no AF, mail in pre-qual offer) and was approved for the standard $500 initial CL. I have no other inquries other than this in the last 2 years.

Current baddies on my CR are:

2005, $200 charge off from irresponsible banking in my youth

2008, $1250 medical that insurance failed to pay, this went all the way to court and I settled/paid in full, CR states Judgement Satisfied

2009, 1 30day late with FPB

I also have an auto loan with no lates since jan 2009.

USAA CW Scores(as of 9/20/13): 722 EX | 740 EQ | 732 TU

TLS: $6k Chase Freedom, $2k AMEX BCP, $3k Barclay Apple, $3k Sears, $1k Cap1, $1k Cap1

Gardening until at least Nov 2014
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Barclays Approved!!

Congrats!  And I agree, they are very pleasant to talk to, I love them.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 10
JonStur
Established Contributor

Congrats..soon you will be able to kick Orchard and FP to the curb!!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, I too just applied and was instant approved for the Apple CC!!

Message 4 of 10
ontop
Regular Contributor

Good job!!! I'll apply for this card next year, right now just too much inquiries on my file.
Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I had them before my BK. I was just getting started with credit and they gave me $700. Not quite what I wanted, but it was a nice start. I didn't even know it was a Visa. I thought I was applying for an Apple store card. They eventually upped it to $1k. Since I included them in BK, they want 1 year post BK before they'll approve me again.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was instantly approved with a 2000CL with a 784 (at the time) TU Fico, was way less than I expected, I've been reading posts where members here have been approved with scores in the mid 600's with higher CL's, so after reading this post I just called Barclays and spoke to an accts manager and explained that I was dissatisfied with my CL and he told me since its been under 30 days since my app that he could do a soft pull on my TU report which is now 797 and it also lists all my new CC's except my BOA (5000CL) and also it shows my AmEx at 2000CL which I just called in two days ago and got a CLI to 6000 which has not reported yet.

So he looked over my current report and said he could CLI me to 2500 for now, but in a few months after they see a good pymt history to call back for a CLI and I will most likely get a much better CL, but they will have to do a hard pull for that (so I may just stick with the 2500 for now, don't want another hard pull anytime soon)

Congratulations again!!!!

Message 7 of 10
iainlbc
Valued Member

Awesome! What CL? Nice scores, especially from 584 15 months ago! Very well done Smiley Happy

I need to go into garden mode for at least a year now

USAA CW Scores(as of 9/20/13): 722 EX | 740 EQ | 732 TU

TLS: $6k Chase Freedom, $2k AMEX BCP, $3k Barclay Apple, $3k Sears, $1k Cap1, $1k Cap1

Gardening until at least Nov 2014
Message 8 of 10
cinnamongirl
Contributor

I wanted to thank all of you!! I read this the other day and was hopeful I might be approved. 

I recently bought a house (middle score was about 620) and there are a lot of inquiries on my credit report .  After applying online and getting declined, I searched for the "backdoor" number.  Today, I finally had the courage to call for recon-- the guy was very helpful and approved me for a $2500 limit!  My highest limit on any other card is my Capital One Platinum with a $750 limit.

For all those who can't find the backdoor number for Barclays-- it's 866-408-4064

Message 9 of 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

@cinnamongirl wrote:

I wanted to thank all of you!! I read this the other day and was hopeful I might be approved. 

I recently bought a house (middle score was about 620) and there are a lot of inquiries on my credit report .  After applying online and getting declined, I searched for the "backdoor" number.  Today, I finally had the courage to call for recon-- the guy was very helpful and approved me for a $2500 limit!  My highest limit on any other card is my Capital One Platinum with a $750 limit.

For all those who can't find the backdoor number for Barclays-- it's 866-408-4064

Thanks for the backdoor number. I just approved for Travelocity Amex for $5K instantly. 

Ron.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.