Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card (Barclays)

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Apple Card (Barclays)

I see on Apples website you can no longer apply for the Barclays card. Is that card going away? I have the car and I hate to loose that card as I buy a lot of Apple products.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Card (Barclays)

@Cory88 wrote:

I see on Apples website you can no longer apply for the Barclays card. Is that card going away? I have the car and I hate to loose that card as I buy a lot of Apple products.

A little searchy, searchy next time eh: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Apple-Ends-Barclays-Credit-Card-Partnership-Ahea...

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Commenting to follow. Just saw Apple special financing last week, and it was NOT tied to the Apple Card through GS. It was a separate offer for up to 18 mos interest free. The Apple Card is only offering 12 months. It must still exist. But where did it go? 

Message 3 of 9
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Commenting to follow. Just saw Apple special financing last week, and it was NOT tied to the Apple Card through GS. It was a separate offer for up to 18 mos interest free. The Apple Card is only offering 12 months. It must still exist. But where did it go? 

Slightly incorrect see link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211204

• iPhone and Apple Watch - 24/months as of 09/15/20
  • iPad, Mac, and XDR Display - 12/months as of 09/15/20
  • Apple TV, HomePod, and AirPods - 6/months as of 09/15/20
Message 4 of 9
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

For those of us who have the card, will we still get special financing on Apple purchases on the card, or is that going away too?

Message 5 of 9
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

For those of us who have the card, will we still get special financing on Apple purchases on the card, or is that going away too?

I called and ask about the cart today the 16 Sep 2020 and they said that their is no change in the card for earning apple rewards as of now and promo will still being offered.

Message 6 of 9
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@Cory88 wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

I called and ask about the cart today the 16 Sep 2020 and they said that their is no change in the card for earning apple rewards as of now and promo will still being offered.

As of right now the card acts the same, the only thing is you can no longer apply for it. Card exists, applications are closed.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 7 of 9
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Same here.  Don't need the card just "as a credit card". If Apple won't allow the points toward a gift card or special financing there is absolutely no reason for me to keep this card. 

Message 8 of 9
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

I guess I'll be making major apple purchases through Best Buy.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.