Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Holding Payments?

tag
snapcat
Valued Member

Apple Card Holding Payments?

I made a payment to my Apple Card last Friday 1/24. I've typically been getting credit for payments the next day, much like American Express. Today, 1/28, I noticed that even though the payment had cleared my bank, it had not posted to my account. My available credit was the same as it was before the payment. So I messaged Apple and they said it would post on 2/3 - 4 days after my due date. But they also noted that nothing was due on 1/30. Has anyone else had issues with Goldman Sachs holding payment for so long? They texted me that they have the right to hold payments depending on the payment amount and account history. While I've carried a large balance I've always paid on time, and in this case, we're only talking about a $60 payment. I guess I'm baffled as to why they would even do this. Even Comenity manages to post a payment in 2-3 days. 10 days seems ridiculous.

I appreciate your thouoghts!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card Holding Payments?

Yep. They held my payment for about a week twice. 

Message 2 of 12
coreyb80
Super Contributor

If that's the case then I would use my banks bill pay service to pay them.  

Message 3 of 12
imaximous
Valued Contributor

At first, they were actually releasing my available credit immediately after payment, just like Citi. The last time, they did hold my limit for over a week, but that was because I’d paid off a very large balance and they told me they needed to wait till they got confirmation that the ACH transfer had cleared.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coreyb80 wrote:

If that's the case then I would use my banks bill pay service to pay them.  

There is no guarantee they would post that immediately either. Some banks will still hold push payments and since its not even an officially sanctioned payment method with Apple Card, I wouldn't bet on it being any faster. 

Message 5 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How long ago was this? Have you been in the clear since then?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you making multiple payments a month? Some banks fraud algorithm will delay payment posting if you start making multiple payments a cycle. I saw on Reddit someone who claimed to work for GS did a AMA and they said "a few people messed it up for everyone".

Which, (if that person is legit) in my mind says people were making payments, spending the freed up limit and getting NSF bounces. That is just a guess of course.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I normally do is put money on my Apple Cash, then pay my card with Apple Cash.. it posts instantly and my credit is available instantly also.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How long ago was this? Have you been in the clear since then?

I stopped using the card. I've had it since August. They did it September and October, last time I used it was November and they didn't hold my payment in December. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you making multiple payments a month? Some banks fraud algorithm will delay payment posting if you start making multiple payments a cycle. I saw on Reddit someone who claimed to work for GS did a AMA and they said "a few people messed it up for everyone".

Which, (if that person is legit) in my mind says people were making payments, spending the freed up limit and getting NSF bounces. That is just a guess of course.

In my case I was doing a single payment in full. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.