Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Problem. No longer have access to Apple ID. Can't manage card

tag
CreditPreditor
Established Member

Apple Card Problem. No longer have access to Apple ID. Can't manage card

I accidentally assigned my Apple card with the phone/apple ID I was using as a loner for a company I worked for. Longs story short, I left the company without realizing I could not re-assign it to my Apple account unless I had the old credentials. I no longer have access to this from the company I was working at.

I have contacted Apple and Goldman Sachs thinking I'd be fine if I gave them social and some other info. Due to their special "security", the only thing they could recommend is closing the account and opening a new one. Which I don't want to do becuase I have over 10K limit, and with the Pandemic, I know I probably won't get that again. + the other obvious drawbacks in doing so.

Anyone have any input or thoughts on this? I can't even use the card now because I can't manage payments. Am I out of luck until (and even if) they address the issue?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Card Problem. No longer have access to Apple ID. Can't manage card

Don't know if this helps but apple has online portal now to manage card and payments:

https://card.apple.com/ 

So as long as you still have the card, you can still use it, and pay it off...But it's just going to be a 1% card if you aren't able to use Apple Pay.

Message 2 of 25
CreditPreditor
Established Member

@Credit12Fico wrote:

Don't know if this helps but apple has online portal now to manage card and payments:

So as long as you still have the card, you can still use it, and pay it off...But it's just going to be a 1% card if you aren't able to use Apple Pay.

.As I said, the whole issue here is I don't have the apple ID/login.  It was registered from my old companies Apple ID. 

[Mod cut - This was unnecessary. - KiB]

Message 3 of 25
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I would contact my old company. 

Message 4 of 25
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Sorry, but if you don't have access to the AppleID and the phone, and can't work with your old company, this is going to be very difficult to untangle.

I would take the advice of the credit issuer and the device manufacturer, go ahead and close the account and reapply, and consider this a potentially expensive lesson on why you keep your professional work life and personal life separate. It's unfortunate but you've boxed yourself into a corner on this one.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 18k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Freedom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 5 of 25
tacpoly
Established Contributor

@CreditPreditor wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

.As I said, the whole issue here is I don't have the apple ID/login.  It was registered from my old companies Apple ID. 

Did the company delete the Apple ID you were using or did they simply take back the phone/device?  If the latter, you can sign in to iCloud.com with your old ID and password, then change your Apple ID to your personal email under manage my ID (hopefully you didn't have 2-factor authentication turned on).  If the former or you can't remember any login details, then I think you're out of luck. 

BTW, I hope you wiped your company loaner phone, removing any personal info, including your Apple Card.  

Message 6 of 25
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@notmyrealname23 wrote:

consider this a potentially expensive lesson on why you keep your professional work life and personal life separate.

This is really important advice that everyone should follow.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 7 of 25
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Posts have been removed and edited.  The Terms of Service and FSR requirements of these forums are not optional.

Message 8 of 25
NRB525
Super Contributor

@tacpoly wrote:

@CreditPreditor wrote:

@Credit12Fico wrote:

Did the company delete the Apple ID you were using or did they simply take back the phone/device?  If the latter, you can sign in to iCloud.com with your old ID and password, then change your Apple ID to your personal email under manage my ID (hopefully you didn't have 2-factor authentication turned on).  If the former or you can't remember any login details, then I think you're out of luck. 

BTW, I hope you wiped your company loaner phone, removing any personal info, including your Apple Card.  

It's likely that Apple ID is also linked to OP's prior work email, and that can be a problem as part of verification.  

I'd close the Apple Card account if that is an option. Untangling old Apple ID's is not fun. DGF has at least one prior Apple ID with purchases that kept giving pop ups on the iPhone and MacBook, and it took us several tries to redirect. The methods Apple provides are difficult to follow.

In the case of the Apple Card, I would not be comfortable that it was completely back under my control, even if the redirect were successful.  Potentially real money floating around out there that becomes an obligation of OP.  Not a huge risk of that happening but I don't like the risk at all, seeing how easily my Apple Card populated to my iPhone after I applied. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be a dumb question, but you mentioned the CARD is tied to your old login. Will they let you request a new physical card (and thus card #) by phone? And then... will you be able to add this new card to a new account? 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.