cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card by Goldman Sachs

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card by Goldman Sachs Thoughts?

Big apple fan, and this is so HO HUM, sure the physical card looks great (apple, they make everything look great) but as a reward card YIKES no delivery, just build up! I must be the ONLY one that frequents stores that do not use apple pay, IF they did I would be all over the Altitude card, but alas I buy mostly on-line and physical places that I go to, do not take apple pay - it's "acceptance" is LESS than American Express....LOL! Other features, the wallet (I can put almost ANY card in wallet) and spend analysis, I can get anywhere else, so not understanding the WOW here, but that is just me.....Also it looks like the cash is just a credit to your account, I personally prefer to build up cash back and put in my savings account instead of a statement credit.

Message 21 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

This forum confirmed what I was thinking about during the conference. The Apple Card really isnt anything special. They cleanup a few things to make them look better, but those features are already available from multiple companies. Apple fans that want to get even more locked into the Apple ecosystem will surely pick it up. But those of us that know a thing or two about rewards and credit cards, will most likely pass. 

I might apply to never use it. No yearly fee so why not expand my overall credit availability. But really not sure on that one. 

Message 22 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they made the physical card have 2% back on everything I would for sure go for it. Without that, I’d rather just have the Citi DC. I may still apply just for the flex value of the titanium card though lol
Message 23 of 1,373
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This might be good for a lot of apple brain-washed masses, sorry I mean apple fans.   

We have to remember that there are a lot of people out there who aren't particularly interested in credit cards: they may have one or two but don't keep up with the latest etc and probably some of these are Apple lovers.    So, these people will get excited and get an Apple card (assuming credit is ok) and get, via Apple Pay, a general 2% card, no AF, no FTF, which may well be better than whatever they have now (e.g. the no rewards card they have had for the last ten years).  In which case it's a win-win for apple and its fans.

Message 24 of 1,373
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

Also it looks like the cash is just a credit to your account, I personally prefer to build up cash back and put in my savings account instead of a statement credit.

Not a statement credit. It goes on the Apple Pay Cash card that everyone has had in their wallet since iOS 11, and the cash back is transferred daily. From there you can let it accumulate, use it to pay down your balance, or transfer it to a regular bank account.

Message 25 of 1,373
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This also screams superprime to me... I wonder if they’ll keep the Barclays as a fallback. 

I wouldn't be too sure about that. From what I remember, Goldman Sach's only requires a 640 credit score for their Marcus personal loans. 

Message 26 of 1,373
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

For me I find the most potential is in Goldman Sachs entering the CC business. They have long wanted to take on the likes of Chase and others in the very lucrative credit market. Be interesting to see in a year or two if Goldman will begin to bring out cards that can take on the CSR for example and others. I got one would welcome it. Should lead to even higher rewards and more bonuses. Time will tell naturally.
Message 27 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a fan of Apple as I have everything Apple except for HomePod... and it still doesn't really draw me in. Everywhere I go uses Apple Pay to some extent... but I already have AMEX Cards that cover just about all those categories. It could possibily be useful for Apple Pay on international trips... but I'm not sure of how much Apple Pay is even used in Europe/Asia.

I do like the design of the card though... too bad it only has 1% cash back for using the actual card. 

Message 28 of 1,373
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

I can see folks( not on this forum) who will be all over the new card. I have seen folks walk with iPhones at store sneering at Android users. It may be a status symbol for the masses.
Message 29 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This also screams superprime to me... I wonder if they’ll keep the Barclays as a fallback. 

I wouldn't be too sure about that. From what I remember, Goldman Sach's only requires a 640 credit score for their Marcus personal loans. 

This is different. We are talking a no fee card with a low interest rate here after all. And Marcus isn’t that lax... they shot me down for $2500 and while I don’t remember which score they pulled at the time it was over 640. 

Message 30 of 1,373
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.