cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card by Goldman Sachs

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card by Goldman Sachs Thoughts?

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

Also it looks like the cash is just a credit to your account, I personally prefer to build up cash back and put in my savings account instead of a statement credit.

Not a statement credit. It goes on the Apple Pay Cash card that everyone has had in their wallet since iOS 11, and the cash back is transferred daily. From there you can let it accumulate, use it to pay down your balance, or transfer it to a regular bank account.

Thanks for clarifying that for me DB.....sounds somewhat like how PP CC works! That is a plus in my book, still don't know if I would go for it, but like that feature at least.

Message 31 of 1,373
gb877
New Visitor

Felt like they could have hit it out of the park by doing 2.5 cashback thru Apple pay and 1.5% physical.
Message 32 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gb877 wrote:
Felt like they could have hit it out of the park by doing 2.5 cashback thru Apple pay and 1.5% physical.

2.5% Apple Pay and 2% physical would have sold it for me or a perk like free AppleCare+. 

Message 33 of 1,373
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

I don't really have a place for this card in my wallet, but I wish I did.  Only because of the nice integration into the Wallet app.  I really like that.  Call me whatever you'd like, but I've been wanting someone to do a little gamifying to credit card spending/statements a little bit like they have with checking accounts.  Like Simple and Finn.  

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 34 of 1,373
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@hawkins wrote:
For me I find the most potential is in Goldman Sachs entering the CC business. They have long wanted to take on the likes of Chase and others in the very lucrative credit market. Be interesting to see in a year or two if Goldman will begin to bring out cards that can take on the CSR for example and others. I got one would welcome it. Should lead to even higher rewards and more bonuses. Time will tell naturally.

Keep in mind there is already a GS Amex Platinum. Maybe GS will launch a premium card of their own, but so far they've been content to partner.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 35 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this is going to be pretty meaningful to the general populace even though many on this forum will take issue with it. Knowing that you have one card with zero fees simplifies the overall experience, even if you aren't getting the maximum rewards possible, especially with how user-friendly it appears to be set up to be. There is data that states most Millenials only have one credit card, so if Apple is able to use their brand name and this cards overall functionality to slide into that spot then I think it will make a pretty large impact in the upcoming years. They're catering more to the people that primarily use Apple and Apple Pay and giving them a beautiful peace of metal to carry just in case they go to a place less 'convenient'.

Message 36 of 1,373
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

This card's rewards does not make sense. If I want discounted Apple products, I'd go to Costco. If I want two percent, I will use a 2% card without worrying about "aw, nuts, no apple pay".

But I guess Apple knows its audience, so yeah, more power!

Message 37 of 1,373
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

The only thing cool about this is the physical titanium card.

How is this any better than Citi Double Cash? Put your Citi DC in Apple Wallet and it's the same, but better benefits.

Message 38 of 1,373
NRB525
Super Contributor

If someone adds an interest in travel spend / travel rewards redemption as an interest, the Altitude Reserve stomps this card.

No FTF, no fees as long as you pay on time, 4.5% Travel Rewards for Hotel, Airline, Rental Car spend, 4.5% Apple Pay, and even 1.5% Card Out Of The Wallet spend.

Plus AR is heavy metal, to clang on the countertop.

After the travel credit, and disregarding other benefits, $3,000 annual spend gets the $75 net AF covered.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 39 of 1,373
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kerplunk wrote:

The only thing cool about this is the physical titanium card.

How is this any better than Citi Double Cash? Put your Citi DC in Apple Wallet and it's the same, but better benefits.

No FTF and no 1+1 (and we don't know about min redemption).  But replace Citi DC with PPMC and yes.

Message 40 of 1,373
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.