Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card by Goldman Sachs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card Due Dates and Statement Dates

Yep the spending categories are the same colors as they are in Maps. 

94C72297-3291-49D8-835E-7DC50F9C7B36.jpeg

My understanding is that it’s coded by the business on the map and not the MCC. 

Message 771 of 1,373
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Apple Card Emails?

Haven't seen many people say anything about Apple Card email reminders? My suspicion antenna went up when I got this, but it seems like this is a legit email....unless I'm missing something? I didn't even follow the directions here, just reviewed it and figured I'd share. I haven't seen a whole lot of discussions about Apple reaching out VIA email, which they rarely do on anything .... it's usually just an update in some App on your phone. Anyone see this? Is this some sophisiticated phishing scam? Would be interested to hear the commentary. Images below: 

IMG_2036.jpgIMG_2037.jpgIMG_2038.jpg

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 772 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card Emails?

No that’s a legit email. Apple has been sending out Apple Card invites since last week. Many of us have them already. They started sending out invites for other people to sign up to be notified yesterday. 

Message 773 of 1,373
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No that’s a legit email. Apple has been sending out Apple Card invites since last week. Many of us have them already. They started sending out invites for other people to sign up to be notified yesterday. 

I figured as such with everything checking out. Thanks for the response! You never know these days.... haha 

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 774 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditRebuilder2020 wrote:

Haven't seen many people say anything about Apple Card email reminders? My suspicion antenna went up when I got this, but it seems like this is a legit email....unless I'm missing something? I didn't even follow the directions here, just reviewed it and figured I'd share. I haven't seen a whole lot of discussions about Apple reaching out VIA email, which they rarely do on anything .... it's usually just an update in some App on your phone. Anyone see this? Is this some sophisiticated phishing scam? Would be interested to hear the commentary. Images below: 

There's no link to click in the email. You have to go to your browser and type in apple.com etc. So there's no way for it to be phishing.

Message 775 of 1,373
PrplRn2
Established Member

Re: Apple Card by Goldman Sachs Thoughts?

You my friend are DEAD ON! You're 100% right The app IS the game changer

Message 776 of 1,373
PrplRn2
Established Member

Re: Apple Card by Goldman Sachs Thoughts?

I'm literally DYING laughing!

Message 777 of 1,373
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The transaction presumably is also sent from card to phone - remember the card won't work without the phone - so it would work the same way as an ordinary transaction.

A statement is just a snapshot in time. The bank doesn't need a statement in order to calculate what you owe at any given time. There's no reason it has to be done centrally and pushed out when all the data is already sitting on the customer's phone. This is a big part of the whole platform Apple, GS and MasterCard have built.

No printing and mailing of statement. No cheque processing. And since those options don't exist, they had no reason to take the old backbone and put a digital face on it that simulates it.

I don’t know where you heard that the card won’t work without the phone but that’s false. It’s a totally normal card that just doesn’t have its numbers printed on it. Nothing else about it is different functionally. 

The payment part is correct though. Since it’s all digital payments only, there’s no need for traditional processing time for payments and statements. 

I was fairly sure, but now am questioning, that I read something was transmitted, but can't find anything to support that.

So much of the banking system is set up to support an increasingly small percentage of paper transactions. To today's children the concept of a cheque will seem as bizarre as a telegram does to their parents.

I'm in my 60s, and the concept of a check is bizarre to me! It drives me crazy when I'm in a store--and it's always in the longest line--someone actually pulls out their checkbook and start slowly inputting the information. I want to scream holy you-know-what. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 778 of 1,373
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditRebuilder2020 wrote:

IMG_2036.jpgIMG_2037.jpgIMG_2038.jpg

Yes, I received this email yesterday too and totally ignored it.

I'm waiting for an email that asks, "Why didn't you accept our Apple card offer of $7.5K, 12.99% offer?" so that I can respond, "because I want $20K at 12.99%. Smiley Very Happy

Maybe I'll get lucky and have them coming to me. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 779 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a thought:

The Apple Card is kind of a new Discover It in a lot of ways. It’s a decent card with a good rewards program that you can seem to get with a very thin credit profile (SLs seem to go as low as $250). There’s also a large emphasis on simplicity, customer service, and the card also largely caters towards the same audience.
Message 780 of 1,373
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.