tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card Due Dates and Statement Dates

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The transaction presumably is also sent from card to phone - remember the card won't work without the phone - so it would work the same way as an ordinary transaction.

A statement is just a snapshot in time. The bank doesn't need a statement in order to calculate what you owe at any given time. There's no reason it has to be done centrally and pushed out when all the data is already sitting on the customer's phone. This is a big part of the whole platform Apple, GS and MasterCard have built.

No printing and mailing of statement. No cheque processing. And since those options don't exist, they had no reason to take the old backbone and put a digital face on it that simulates it.

I don’t know where you heard that the card won’t work without the phone but that’s false. It’s a totally normal card that just doesn’t have its numbers printed on it. Nothing else about it is different functionally. 

The payment part is correct though. Since it’s all digital payments only, there’s no need for traditional processing time for payments and statements. 

I was fairly sure, but now am questioning, that I read something was transmitted, but can't find anything to support that.

So much of the banking system is set up to support an increasingly small percentage of paper transactions. To today's children the concept of a cheque will seem as bizarre as a telegram does to their parents.

I'm in my 60s, and the concept of a check is bizarre to me! It drives me crazy when I'm in a store--and it's always in the longest line--someone actually pulls out their checkbook and start slowly inputting the information. I want to scream holy you-know-what. 

I'm in my 60s as well, but stores haven't accepted cheques here in a really long time. Debit card payment went national in 1994 with acceptance at virtually all merchants - it was at 99% a decade ago. I tried to look up when major stores stopped letting customers pay by cheque, but there's no references I could find

Message 781 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just a thought:

The Apple Card is kind of a new Discover It in a lot of ways. It’s a decent card with a good rewards program that you can seem to get with a very thin credit profile (SLs seem to go as low as $250). There’s also a large emphasis on simplicity, customer service, and the card also largely caters towards the same audience.

Huge difference in merchant acceptance outside the US though. I think Apple is gambling on getting a high proportion of prime customers by virtue of it requiring an iPhone. You pretty much have to at least be regularly paying a phone bill - and that's more than anyone else knows about you when granting credit.

Message 782 of 1,373
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The transaction presumably is also sent from card to phone - remember the card won't work without the phone - so it would work the same way as an ordinary transaction.

A statement is just a snapshot in time. The bank doesn't need a statement in order to calculate what you owe at any given time. There's no reason it has to be done centrally and pushed out when all the data is already sitting on the customer's phone. This is a big part of the whole platform Apple, GS and MasterCard have built.

No printing and mailing of statement. No cheque processing. And since those options don't exist, they had no reason to take the old backbone and put a digital face on it that simulates it.

I don’t know where you heard that the card won’t work without the phone but that’s false. It’s a totally normal card that just doesn’t have its numbers printed on it. Nothing else about it is different functionally. 

The payment part is correct though. Since it’s all digital payments only, there’s no need for traditional processing time for payments and statements. 

I was fairly sure, but now am questioning, that I read something was transmitted, but can't find anything to support that.

So much of the banking system is set up to support an increasingly small percentage of paper transactions. To today's children the concept of a cheque will seem as bizarre as a telegram does to their parents.

I'm in my 60s, and the concept of a check is bizarre to me! It drives me crazy when I'm in a store--and it's always in the longest line--someone actually pulls out their checkbook and start slowly inputting the information. I want to scream holy you-know-what. 

I'm in my 60s as well, but stores haven't accepted cheques here in a really long time. Debit card payment went national in 1994 with acceptance at virtually all merchants - it was at 99% a decade ago. I tried to look up when major stores stopped letting customers pay by cheque, but there's no references I could find

Here in VA, grocery stores, Costco, and even a Walmart I went to accepted checks. 🥺

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 783 of 1,373
calyx
Super Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here in VA, grocery stores, Costco, and even a Walmart I went to accepted checks. 🥺

Most places around me do, too.   I keep a single check in my wallet for emergencies, and the couple of times the connection/terminals or whatever has/have gone down, I was one of the few able to purchase what I needed (I don't carry cash).   

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 784 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

Costco does here as well, I just verified on their website. I've never seen it happen though. I suppose it does if someone has a purchase over $1000 or so and doesn't use a credit card.

Message 785 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple card what mistake am i doing ?

Hi everybody i tried to get invitation for apple card but never received one 

i did everything what its saying to get invited to apply but never received invitation and none of my family members get it all of our credit scores are decend and and we have low utilization but invitation never came

can anyone explain me how they get invitation maybe we did something wrong (

Thank you in advance 

Message 786 of 1,373
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Apple card what mistake am i doing ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everybody i tried to get invitation for apple card but never received one 

i did everything what its saying to get invited to apply but never received invitation and none of my family members get it all of our credit scores are decend and and we have low utilization but invitation never came

can anyone explain me how they get invitation maybe we did something wrong (

Thank you in advance 

Some things:

1. Are you using IOS 12.4? If not, you need to install it.
  2. Are you using your Apple ID email address? If no, this is the one you need to use.
  3. Is your iPhone at least a 6? 

Also, I didn't get an email invitation. I just kept going to my wallet and looking for it. On the third day, I could add it.

Link to sign up. Scroll to the bottom of page.

https://www.apple.com/apple-card/

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 787 of 1,373
CivalV
Established Contributor

Apple CC Limit Changed

So me being curious MCGee, I applied for the Apple 🍎 card again...

08/12/19: Pre-approved for $1000 with a 23% APR..

FICO9 622, FICO8 640 

08/14/2019: Pre-approved for $750 with a 23% APR..

FICO9 604, FICO8 dropped 5 points to 635 (I just received the update for MyFICO) 

I could be wrong but I feel like this one is obvious. My score drop, dropped my possible SL.

I am crossing fingers if my score goes up that the limit will come back up. It’s awesome that we can check this with just an SP. 

Message 788 of 1,373
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Apple CC Limit Changed

@CivalV wrote:

FICO9 622, FICO8 640 

FICO9 604, FICO8 dropped 5 points to 635 (I just received the update for MyFICO) 

I could be wrong but I feel like this one is obvious. My score drop, dropped my possible SL.

I am crossing fingers if my score goes up that the limit will come back up. It’s awesome that we can check this with just an SP. 

Did the Chex impact ever get resolved?   

Message 789 of 1,373
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple CC Limit Changed

@CivalV wrote:

FICO9 622, FICO8 640 

So much for the offer being good for 30 days. 😅

Message 790 of 1,373
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.