Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card inquiry moved from hard to soft pull

tag
crrredit
Established Contributor

Apple Card inquiry moved from hard to soft pull

Got an update from Credit Karma that an inquiry had fallen off my TransUnion report. I didn't have any that were hitting the two-year mark, so I checked and CK said the Apple Card/GS hard pull had fallen off. Double checked on annualcreditreport.com and sure enough, the hard pull has been removed and a soft pull has been added. Minor but interesting event. Had no effect on my score. As far as the timing: got the card in February and the inquiry hit my report at the end of the month, card reported in March, inquiry status changed yesterday.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Card inquiry moved from hard to soft pull

You might want to keep an eye on what CK is reporting over the next several days or pull a copy of your actual report from annualcreditreport.com to confirm the change.  CK has been known to occasionally report an unusual and unanticipated change in a TU profile only to back it out in the next 1-2 days.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 5
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

You might want to keep an eye on what CK is reporting over the next several days or pull a copy of your actual report from annualcreditreport.com to confirm the change.  CK has been known to occasionally report an unusual and unanticipated change in a TU profile only to back it out in the next 1-2 days.

In the original post @crrredit said annualcreditreport.com was verified.

This could be a data point of GS possibly reverting pulls back to the OG - SP approvals?

Hopefully @crrredit, will you come back later and update this thread (please tag me when you do).

If this sticks, maybe others could add to the dp's.

Thanks!!

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 3 of 5
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@crrreditwrote:

Double checked on annualcreditreport.com and sure enough, the hard pull has been removed and a soft pull has been added.

I think OP has it figured out. Also cool of them to do that for whatever reason they decided.

3/3/24
Message 4 of 5
crrredit
Established Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Hopefully @crrredit, will you come back later and update this thread (please tag me when you do).

Yes, will do.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.