Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card shows "Restricted"

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apple Card shows "Restricted"

@Anonymous wrote:
No they didn’t I just explained my situation and that I was left a message to confirm my identity with them. Thanks I hope everyone else can get their issue fixed. If I were you I would try this method everyday until they fix it.

@Anonymous, please read your PM. 

Message 41 of 50
RickNATL
Established Contributor

UPDATE (good news):

So I took @elth63 advice; however, I used the fact that the rep stated in my "chat" that they couldn't identify me.  The gentleman I got was irritated at the amount of time it took for someone to call me back, so he decided to help.

He asked quite a few identifying data points (old addresses, an old landline phone # from 2015, name, social, birthdate, email, middle name, etc.) The questions truly had me thinking...Smiley Happy He said had I missed one or two of the questions, it would have given him pause and the restriction would remain, but because I answered every one of the questions on the head, he said "you must be the real deal".

He said the applying on the iPhone (which had a different #) then removing (moving it to the iPad) it created the restriction **good to know for others**

He apologized for the lack of followup...freed my credit line, and now I am ecstatic.

Elth63's advice to call until you get someone else (someone who cares) was a great idea.  As for me, I suggest you use the chat, then call with any feedback from the chat.

Elth63 u renewed my hope, THANK YOU!!!!

Message 42 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s great man I’m glad to hear this method works for others as well. You must stay diligent because they have no obligation to help you.
Message 43 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I managed to solve the issue while getting some more information from the agent.

The issue: Apple and Goldman Sachs are backed up in the substantial amount of callbacks they need to make due to an issue in the design of the application. As you may have noticed, the application was very simpled and did not require so much information.

GS uses the phone number on your SIM card to verify your identity with a one-time-passcode. So if you applied with a number other than the one linked to your SIM card, then you may get a restriction. 

Solution: Call them and say that you've been that you needed to call back in order to complete the verification process. Ask the agent to update the phone on the application so that it matches the phone number on your SIM card. If the agent is deviating towards "it has to be an outbound call", simply suggest the idea of a OTP in order to verify your identity. Be very persistent on the fact that you're getting impatient because nobody from GS has given you a callback in regards to the issue. 

Hope this helps.

Message 44 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is very interesting.
Message 45 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to see you all getting it resolved. 

Interesting that can be caused by a phone number mismatch. Good thing I stopped using my Google Voice number for credit applications after Sync locked me out of my Amazon account! What a racket!

Message 46 of 50
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Called it!
Message 47 of 50
jbestman007
Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
Called it!

You did. Good call. Not surprised though. I know several non iOS users that borrowed iPhones to fill out their applications only to go back to their real phones. They are part of the people now clogging the call lines. 

Next up: Accounts getting restricted or closed due to TU hardpulls not going through. I am calling that one now. 

Message 48 of 50
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Sim card (EmEI) and phone number and validation of those with Apple ID does play a key part....but the kicker was all of the old verification info they receive form your credit file along with the app. Some of the questions went back 19 years.
Message 49 of 50
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@jbestman007 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:
Called it!

You did. Good call. Not surprised though. I know several non iOS users that borrowed iPhones to fill out their applications only to go back to their real phones. They are part of the people now clogging the call lines. 

Next up: Accounts getting restricted or closed due to TU hardpulls not going through. I am calling that one now. 

Umhum. I already questioned that with my post at 9:37am on 9/11: Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Now, this is just a thought. But I would like some DPs on the cards that are being restricted or declined.

So a question: When GS pulled TU, did you keep you CR unfrozen when you accepted the approval? I'm just wondering if this could be causing a problem if GS wasn't able to pull the TU report. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.