cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card shows "Restricted"

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Card shows "Restricted"

I uploaded my DL during app process.

I didnt purchased anything big....combined charges were $142 and I paid $100 on it before the 30th of Sept (due date), and will pay the rest before then as well.
Message 21 of 50

Yes I uploaded info on app.
Message 22 of 50

I only have spent $240 on card I have a $4000 limit and only have had the card for 5 days. They have sent me my titanium card but every time I try to swipe it’s declined.
Message 23 of 50
Frequent Contributor

This now sounds like a "chronic" issue
Message 24 of 50
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Now, this is just a thought. But I would like some DPs on the cards that are being restricted or declined.

So a question: When GS pulled TU, did you keep you CR unfrozen when you accepted the approval? I'm just wondering if this could be causing a problem if GS wasn't able to pull the TU report. 

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 25 of 50
Super Contributor

Hmm... I wonder what the deal is.

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 26 of 50
Super Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

Now, this is just a thought. But I would like some DPs on the cards that are being restricted or declined.

So a question: When GS pulled TU, did you keep you CR unfrozen when you accepted the approval? I'm just wondering if this could be causing a problem if GS wasn't able to pull the TU report. 

Mine would be restricted if that was the case. To this day I don’t have an HP from GS after my frozen reports caused it to bounce on 8/8. 

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 27 of 50
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Saeren wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

Mine would be restricted if that was the case. To this day I don’t have an HP from GS after my frozen reports caused it to bounce on 8/8. 

Thanks for the DP.

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club

SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 28 of 50
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@RickNATL 

I'm a little confused, do you have iPhone, because according to your approval thread, you applied using someone else's phone then "went back to using your droid" 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Apple-Card-Approval-20K/td-p/5718292

So, if there is a discrepancy between who the phone is registered to and who applied for the card, it would explain the need for identity verification 

EX 754 EQ 774 TU 752

Message 29 of 50
New Visitor

@CreditInspired wrote:

That could be the issue, but the timing seems off with my personal situation. I feel like if they were unable to pull the report, they would have placed the restriction before I was able to use the card without any issues for nearly a month. I could be wrong about that - not sure

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.